Military Families
Options

Anyone at Ft. Hood?

We're PCS-ing there next year and I'm wondering if anyone lives in McNair Village on post. Just curious as to what you like/don't like about it.Any other village recs are welcome too! (For reference, we only qualify for a 2 br)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone at Ft. Hood?

• Options
    We live on Fort Hood!! Getting ready to PCS somewhere else though. I like that McNair is near the main gate.
  • Options
    We don't live on post we are in Killeen, though. I'm actually in property management and know the areas and the market pretty well if you're considering living off post. Most of the on post housing is old/dated. Obviously higher rank gets nicer housing, but it's a gamble.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsKucz:
    We don't live on post we are in Killeen, though. I'm actually in property management and know the areas and the market pretty well if you're considering living off post. Most of the on post housing is old/dated. Obviously higher rank gets nicer housing, but it's a gamble.

I run a Family Child Care home (FCC) and it is nearly impossible to find a rental that will allow you to run a business like that, so we're sticking to post. We are in a fairly crappy house now, so anything above this is a step up!
  • Options

imagepanicked228:
    imageMrsKucz:

I run a Family Child Care home (FCC) and it is nearly impossible to find a rental that will allow you to run a business like that, so we're sticking to post. We are in a fairly crappy house now, so anything above this is a step up!

We lived on post in pershing park, right off fort hood street and loved it. I never felt my home was outdated and Killeen was too trashy for me. I loved on post, when H deployed we had lawn service that came every week free of charge. I felt much safer on post as well. Also felt more of a community always knew what events were going on, friends that lived off post never knew.  On facebook you can add fort hood events page Denise is wonderful and posts everything and anything going on! You can also ask on there about housing! Enjoy your time at Hood I know i did and do miss it! 

Teagan-11/22/10
    Scarlett Madison-12-18-2014
    Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
    Kali 12/20/10-Husky-Has Addison's Disease.
    Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
    Tadley 11/12-Cat Ruler of the house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"