Upstate NY Babies

HELP... me find a Capital District OB/GYN

This is my first pregnancy.  I only see a GYN for my yearly visits.  I'd love to hear any recommendations for an OB/GYN in the Capital District.

Any and all suggestions, stories, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Big Smile

Re: HELP... me find a Capital District OB/GYN

• kmc84kmc84 member
    I have gone to Upstate OB/GYN for years for annual visits and have always seen one of the NP's. I just had my first baby and had to see everyone in the practice during my pregnancy. Everyone was very professional. There were some docs that I liked better than others, but there was no one that I didn't like. I never waited more than 10 minutes to be seen. Congratulations!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • OB/GYN Health Center Associates in Troy. I have been seeing Dr.  Elaqua for almost 20 years and they are wonderful! 518-274-0476
  • Loading the player...
  • I see Dr. Burstyn and Dr. Tyree at Capital Region OBGYN in Latham.  They are both wonderful, and their ultrasound techs are super nice and awesome.  never had a bad experience there.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I go to Ellen Biggers. She's mostly in Latham, but one day a week is in Troy. Her nurses in Latham are fabulous and she is almost always running on time. Thus far, she lets me be as 'granola crunchy' or 'standard birth' as I want to be and am comfortable with. We had a m/c with her our first pregnancy and she got me through the D&E and even talked with my husband when I could barely get out of bed.
    imageLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I did Upstate OBGyn for both babes (and 2 mcs.) Initially I chose it BC I wanted a female doc and it was convenient to work. As it turns out, Dr. Namkoong (male) was my fave doc in the practice. I know lots aren't wild about rotating through docs, and I wasn't either but I have friends who chose a solo practice and ended up delivering with a total stranger in the room BC their own doc was on vacation. They accommodated my wishes for a med-free .birth, but I don't know that I was the norm. Biggest downside: free formula samples which I thought undercut their bf-ing recs.
  • For my previous pregnancy I went to Clark, Clements and Syeda in Latham.  It is a huge practice and they are known for dealing with high risk pregnancies.  I decided to switch for my current pregnancy because I am trying for a vbac.  I don't feel my old practice is very woman and mother friendly.  They are just in the business of having babies.  I am currently seeing midwives with Dr. Sattar's office in Schenectady.  I love them, it's amazing how much they genuinely care and truly want the best of both baby and mama:)  Good luck, I hope you find a practice where you get the care you deserve, not just the care they are willing to give.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"