Adoption

My first post here!

After loss 6, we are considering adoption. Any advice? We have no clue where to start!
Carly
(Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

Re: My first post here!

• I have been following some of your post over on the infertility board and I must say ur daughter is adorable!! Just like with infertility you have to have patience  and have faith. have you all decided if you will do adoption only or foster care or private? Good luck with what ever decision you all choose
  • ellekaeellekae member

Welcome! So sorry for your losses.

Check out the FAQs at the top of the board to get an overview, and then post any questions you have. The ladies here are wonderful and SO helpful! Smile

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Welcome to the board and I am sorry for your losses.

When we first started considering adoption I researched and read a lot.  I highly recommend "Called to Adoption" by Mardie Caldwell and "Adoption: Choosing it, Living it, Loving it" by Dr. Ray Guarendi (links to both on our blog, below).  See if any agencies in your area offer free informational sessions, and just collect all the information you can.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Katie

https://weareuntilforever.blogspot.com

we are until forever...
    check out our blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Welcome!

I agree, check the FAQs. They have a lot of good resources to get you started. You'll need to decide what type of adoption you want to pursue (foster/adopt, domestic, international), then how you want to pursue it (law firm, agency, etc).

And feel free to ask questions as you go along. We love to help!

• I am so sorry for your losses. Welcome to the board.

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• Thank you everyone. We would like to do a domestic infant adoption which unfortunately in this area is hard. I will definitely look at the FAQs. I really appreciate all your responses!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imageProud adoptive mom 6.11.09:
    I have been following some of your post over on the infertility board and I must say ur daughter is adorable!! Just like with infertility you have to have patiencenbsp; and have faith. have you all decided if you will do adoption only or foster care or private? Good luck with what ever decision you all choose

Thank you! She is my miracle baby! We want to do adoption only just because f our daughter. She gets attached way too easily to foster, if that makes any sense.
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Hello, and welcome.  I'm very sorry for your losses.

I hope you find the help and support you need through the adoption process on this board.  Don't hold back!  Please feel free to ask any specific questions you may have.

• Thank you!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"