Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Having no family around sucks

My husband has his Holiday party tomorrow night.  I won't be able to go because we don't have anyone to babysit.  If we lived back in Orlando I would have my pick of people to watch her.  Oh well, I told DH to bring me back some food. 

Thanks for reading my vent.

Re: Having no family around sucks

• Options
    I hear ya. I have not had dinner w/o a kid at the table since June! Our closest friends or family are 700+ miles away. I completely understand.
  • Options
    I feel your pain!  Our retired neighbors sometimes sit for the boys and I have a former co-worker who loves babies so she'll do it w/ advance warning but there's nothing like family.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hear ya!  I would give anything to have helpful family around. 
  • Options
    Yep. We have no family here, so no help at all. The last dinner out sans baby we had was in June when my in-laws happened to be in town for our anniversary. Right now I'm dealing with a dying grandpa back in MI and I might have to leave suddenly and it's nearly impossible for me to get everything I need to get done with the baby. I'd kill right now for someone to watch him for a few hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would trade that any day if it meant NOT dealing with my inlaws on an almost daily basis Stick out tongue  The grass is always greener on the other side Wink
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    I'm right there with ya. ?Our nearest family is in NYC or Toronto. ?Not exactly close enough to come babysit while we go out alone...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry, that's not very fun.  Do you have a trusted friend that could watch DC even for a little while?  If so, at least you could eat and mingle and then leave early.

• Options

we re in the same boat!  it really does suck.  i m looking forward to my parents visiting for christmas so dh and i can get out for a little while.  we just moved here and really dont have many friends yet and def no one to babysit. 

i hope your dh brings you back yummy goodies and that soon you find someone to sit for you! 

• Options

I feel your pain too.  All of our family is in Chicago and NYC.

We moved to D.C. and I made it my mission during my 2 weeks of maternity leave to research sitters to find one that I could trust.  We randomly found a woman via word of mouth while we were searching for townhomes.  We met with her at a park, got a good vibe and she has watched DD 3 times now and we love having her as her non-family member sitter.

It took a lot of trust and some background research, but give it a try!  You need a date by yourselves.  GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It does.  Both of our families live 2 hrs away = no weekend babysitter.  it stinks... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"