School-Aged Children
Options

How would you start this letter

My son's teacher originally suggested that I send the Principal a letter stating my son's personality and that I think he would do best with the most structured teacher next year no names but that this type of personality would best suit him. She is now suggesting that I write a letter stating that I want him academically challenged next year and to use his testing scores as a reason. I had not brought up any requests to the teacher and she initiated the first comment and the suggested change happened after I brought it up to her again like she asked me to.

Any suggestions for how to start this request? Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks!
Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: How would you start this letter

• Options
    ppantsppants member

"I'm writing this letter to aid in my son's classroom placement for the 2013-2014 school year.  I understand and appreciate that different teachers have different methods/styles of teaching. I feel it's imperative for my son's continued learning and growth that he be placed in the most structured class available.  As his test scores reflect, being academically challenged is also an important consideration for his placement."

Can you say that his 2012-2013 teacher recommends a structured class?  If so, I'd put that in also.  Or even have her write a letter if needed.

Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Options
    I cannot say his current teacher recommends anything but she will talk to the Principal when they do class assignments and wants my letter to help get her listened to.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ppantsppants member
    Ok.  It'd still start with my previous response and go from there.  GL!
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Options
    I'd start with a phone call and a request for a meeting rather than a letter.
    promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Options
    imageridesbuttons:
    I'd start with a phone call and a request for a meeting rather than a letter.

The Principal actually requested that all requests for placement are to be put in writing.
  • Options
    Is he gifted?  If so you could look into gifted placement which would insure that he's appropriately placed every year.   I like how the previous poster started her letter.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"