Postpartum Depression

still going through it

i had my baby last year 03/28/12 and i was doing pretty good for the first few months until i had to stop breast feeding bc i wasnt producing enough milk. the depression hit me like a hammer, really really hard.i'm not going to go into dramatics but things got pretty bad. i stopped eating and lost a lot of weight and kind of had to pick myself up. i have a live in bf and tons of support from my family but no one really understood where i was in my life. no one could see how hard it was for me to just wake up everyday. and then i have to read abt women killing their babies it really really terrifies me. i still get down every now and again. my baby boy is a joy and he's a really good baby. but i still feel like i'm a bad mom sometimes. just bc my son and his dad are like peas in a pod mostly bc i work and my bf doesnt. i try to keep myself happy but its hard. i feel like i can talk to no one bc no one understands. i'm currently going through a pregnancy scare and i'm on the fence on whether i want to be preggo again. on one hand i would love more children on the other hand i'm not ready financially and emotionally i'm terrified

Re: still going through it

• cbmp06cbmp06 member
    Hi!  I had DD on 3/5/12 and had extreme PPD... I have always struggled with depression and anxiety but I was hit really hard too.  I loved my baby girl so much, I just never felt like a good enough mom.  Did you ever talk to a doctor or get on medication?  I go through the EXACT same thoughts about more children.  I would love more, but I get scared to go through PPD again especially when I feel like I am still going through it sometimes.  It sounds like you definitely need to talk to someone - you are NOT alone and you sure aren't a bad mama!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"