Georgia Babies

Please recommend a beach vacation within 6 hour drive...

We want to take a few days for vacation this summer, but our little guy can not tolerate being in the car for more than a couple hours. Are there are any beaches that are 4-6 hours away that someone could recommend? I was thinking maybe Tybee Island- but have never been there and don't know anything about accomodations, etc. Any ideas/ suggestions would be great!! Thanks!
Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Please recommend a beach vacation within 6 hour drive...

• tybee is in your range.  But if you are willing to go a bit further then you should check out destin.  It's kid friendly and we love it there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kegkeg member
    Ditto Destin.  I much prefer the Gulf beaches to the Atlantic...the water is clearer and calmer.  I particularly like the Crystal Beach area of Destin. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Loading the player...
  • Hilton head is about 4 hrs away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Daisy22Daisy22 member
    We love Hilton Head and it takes us about 5 hours to get there from midtown with one potty break. I've been going there since I was in elementary school. It's so laid back and quiet. Good restaurants, nice beach. There's all types of hotels, condos, houses even Disney has a place on the island to stay. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • K&P414K&P414 member
    I love Hilton Head, St. Simons and Isle of Palms. Also Amelia Island. I'm a travel agent too so let me know if you want any info on specific properties. We recently stayed at Amelia Island Plantation and it was awesome!! And Disneys Hilton Head property is next on my list.
  • Another vote for Hilton Head - Sea Pines Plantation specifically. I have decided this will be our annual go to family summer spot. We love it!!
  • myrallmyrall member
    We really enjoyed Pensacola. Quiet, pretty beaches.
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hilton Head and Destin are nice but absolutely love St Simons. It's a much smaller place than the other two.  It is easy to get around and has an old beach town feel because it's not as commercial or big as the other two. 
    Have a great time!
  • Thanks ladies! I will look into all of your suggestions :)
    Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I definitely recommend the Beaches of South Walton in Florida.  They are gorgeous, about a 5 hour drive, and there are lots of condos/homes available to rent if you prefer that to staying in a hotel.  I have been several times and just absolutely adore it.  I rented a wonderful unit called Sea Bluff Unit #3 on sandcastleescapes.com in Santa Rosa Beach, it's a little 2 bedroom gulf front condo literally 20 steps from powdery white sand and the ocean.  30A suites also has great accomodations.  Enjoy your vacay!
  • imageKayW1913:
    I definitely recommend the Beaches of South Walton in Florida.  They are gorgeous, about a 5 hour drive, and there are lots of condos/homes available to rent if you prefer that to staying in a hotel.

I have to echo this...and not just because I'm from the Florida Panhandle. :-) The beaches on the Gulf side really are amazing! If you'd like a smaller, quieter, family beach...definitely check out Seaside! It's amazing!!!  

• Santa Rosa Beach, FL near Grayton.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"