June 2013 Moms

Stroller Storage

Where are you ladies keeping your stroller? If I bring mine in the house I have to haul it up or down stairs... Anyone keeping it in the garage?

Re: Stroller Storage

• We lived in an apartment the first time around and just left it in the trunk of my car.  We have a house now and will possibly do the same or leave it in the garage.  Definitely not bringing it in the house.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• I'm keeping mine in the trunk of my car. If I need it around the neighborhood I can just take it out of my trunk. That's just my preferance though...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • For now I have it in the entry way closet. I guess it'll depend on where I end up using it most as to where I keep it for the long haul.

• Well we're in an apartment, when we used the stroller a lot we just kept it in the trunk of our car... then when we weren't using it quite as often, we stored it in our hall closet (we have a Chicco Liteway so it folds up much smaller than a full sized/travel system stroller).

If we lived in a house, I'd be leery about keeping it in the garage but I'm a bug/spider freak so I'd probably keep it in a foyer closet. 

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I have 3 strollers; a BOB, baby jogger city select and a city mini. I keep all 3 in the garage in the summer and in the winter I keep one in my SUV and the rest in the basement. I always make sure to brush off te stroller and check it for bugs before I put my son in. We are in New York so we don't have any of the deadly spiders and scorpions that the south has.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • yes the stroller is stored in the garage, I would never think of storing in our house.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We currently have ours open in the living room. I have no idea honestly. I might keep it in the trunk since we park infront on the street. But hauling it up the few stairs on the porch sounds annoying.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have always left it in the trunk.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had thought about leaving it in the trunk but where do the groceries go then? I'm an over thinker lol.
  • LiLi23LiLi23 member
    I usually left mine in the car unless I needed te space in my trunk. In that case I would leave it in our garage.

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• imageagerstner:
    I had thought about leaving it in the trunk but where do the groceries go then? I'm an over thinker lol.

This is why mine doesn't stay in the trunk all the time.

I have a MacLaren Volo that occasionally stays in the back of my Forester but is currently on the floor of the backseat bc my dog puked in the back of my car on Wednesday AND Thursday and I was waiting for the upholstery to dry before moving it back. We've been taking my husband's car everywhere while mine airs out.

I keep the Bob in the garage unless I'm planning to use it bc there isn't room for much else if it's in the car. The double Bob will also stay in the garage unless needed bc B can literally walk miles without getting tired and the new baby will be worn the majority of the time.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenykkolhooks:
    I'll only be using ours for running, so it's waiting patiently by the the front door. Also, a question for those of you that drive suv's, because I'm just curious. Will you store stroller in the trunk? I use mine for groceries, cargo... Etc and don't know what I'd do if I had to give up that space for a stroller.

I usually have one of ours in the cargo area - right now it's the Babytrend jogger. Our other stroller is a bigger Graco. I set it up on it's side so it doesn't take up as much space. I pack the groceries around it. We have a Highlander, so we have plenty of space. When I used to use my mom's Escape, we sometimes put the groceries in the back seat.

Whichever stroller is not in the car is in our front closet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagenykkolhooks:
    I'll only be using ours for running, so it's waiting patiently by the the front door. Also, a question for those of you that drive suv's, because I'm just curious. Will you store stroller in the trunk? I use mine for groceries, cargo... Etc and don't know what I'd do if I had to give up that space for a stroller.

We have a CRV and a huge selling feature for us was that the cargo area had two levels.  So we put the stroller in, snap the second level in and then have a whole new area to put groceries, etc.  But even when we forgot to put the piece in, we just piled the bags around the stroller, NBD. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Right now it's sitting in the nursery. It'll probably stay in the trunk of the car. The entryway closet is also a possibility of we can make room for it.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagenykkolhooks:

If the bob is in the trunk and I forget to take it out beforehand, I just stack groceries wherever I can.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Last time aroun we kept it in the garage, it was a tight fit but the most convenient. We now have a carport with attached shed. So our single and double will live in there.
  • imagenykkolhooks:

we both have SUVs and keep a stroller in the trunks. I have the BOB in mine and DH has a Liteway on his. I place groceries on the top and side of the stroller in my car. I also have a cargo net and make use of that. And if I still have more groceries or if theyre too big like a case of water, it just goes into the back seat. 

I'm trying to figure out where I want to keep the stroller frame for the car seat. Last time, we got the car seat attachment for the BOB and and kept the frame in DH's car. This time I don't want to do that because I want the option of DS staying in the stroller himself and I'm going to try to baby wear. So I may keep it in the house but there isn't a good spot for it (and I can't store it in the garage). 

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• My stroller is huge! We bought it in Germany a few years ago for a new baby. It took us a while to get pregnant, and I hated the strollers the US had. I have to store it in the garage, and will only take it out while we are using it.

I bought a Maxi Cosi car seat, and I am debating on buying the stroller that the car seat can attach to, but I really love the stroller I have now, with the bassinet. So I will probably just use that, as I don't really want to take the car seat in an out of the car all the time.

For now I think I am content w/ what I have, but may change my mind taking a NB in and out of the car seat.

• It stays in my trunk. I take it out and leave it in the garage if I really need trunk save but I'm paranoid about spiders. 

I have a Toyota Camry and a mamas & papas sola stroller (so its pretty big) and still  have tons of room when it's in there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At the moment our double stroller is in the nursery. Once the baby is born it'll stay in the trunk of my car. We are planning on keeping DS1's single stroller in case we do want to just use the single sometimes, it'll probably go in the basement.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • My single stroller fit in my trunk fine and I was always able to fit all the groceries in the trunk as well

The double is a different story.. I found fit a small grocery trip but not a big one. I will probably just put as much as I can in the trunk and put the rest on the backseats and see how that goes. If not, I'll just have to take the double out on grocery day.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"