Homeschooling
Options

Hello and a question

I have 3 children, 21 and 16 years and 2 months.

I homeschooled my 21 year old for part of 3rd grade until my ex put so many obstacles on it that I finally had to put her back in school so she could have recess and a break from her father.

I homeschooled my 16 year old for the 2nd semester of 7th grade at the urging of his counselor when she could not address his emotions regarding the abuse he got from his father because he was trying to deal with being bullied at school.  Now he's in a different school, without the bullying and he is doing much better and is happier.

I enjoyed the time I spent homeschooling my older kids, I only wish life would have allowed me to do so longer.  Now to my question.  Is there anyone here that homeschools or is planning to homeschool a special needs child?  My 2month old has down syndrome and I'm starting to research the options.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook

Re: Hello and a question

• Options
    First, congrats on the new baby. 

Second, I do not homeschool a special needs child. However, I do know someone who does (the child has autism). Though overwhelming some days (especially because they have 4 other younger children, her LO is definitely thriving under the individual attention she is getting at home.

Have you looked into HS regulations for where you live? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't looked into my state's rules/regs/laws since I homeschooled my 16 year old 3-4 years ago. Not sure yet if we will be in this state when LO starts school or not since dh is almost to his dissertation.  We have a very good chance of moving when he gets a job teaching college/university level classes.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LJM0521LJM0521 member

I homeschool my oldest and will homeschool the other two when they are older.  They are not special needs, but I wanted to make sure you saw the homeschool board.  They might be able to answer any questions.

Married to J since 5/05, Mommy to T (10/08), L (08/10) and C (02/13) who was born at home.

• Options
    ObLaDiObLaDi member

I'm of the opinion that every child has special needs, so to speak, which is why un/homeschooling is so great.

Congrats on your baby! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"