Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Cabin Fever Remedies??

The weather is SOOOOOOOO nice, and all winter long I have been waiting to be able to go outside!  LO on the other hand, has plans of her own.  Like being afraid of everything.  And I mean, EVERYTHING!  Sand, fake mulch they use on laygrounds here, grass, gravel, pavement, the deck, swings, oh, and hating the crap out of the car seat as well as the stroller at the moment.  Please please ladies, tell me this is a phase!  She just wants to play inside, and my hubby and I are such outdoors people, we keep trying for our runs 2x a week, and we get like a mile in and she is done, wants to be inside.  I backpack carry her for hikes, done after about a mile.  And naps are not happening at the moment either, Im running out of things to do inside with a cranky/tired 1 yr old!  I thought maybe we could go outside and that would wear her out, but no!  Eeeeeeeek!  Just keep trying I guess?  *pulls hair out...with love of course!!*
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cabin Fever Remedies??

• Options
    I would just keep doing it, my son was afraid at first but the more places we go the better off he is :) Good luck :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Netty_3Netty_3 member

imageChatterbug6917:
    I would just keep doing it, my son was afraid at first but the more places we go the better off he is :) Good luck :)

This...soon she'll be familiar with those things...maybe even like them. Good luck!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

when I took my babe to a near by playground, she stood for about 15-20mins. She didn't move at all, but her eyes moved. Once she observed she carefully walked around and explored.

Every day her feet move faster than herself, but she gets very shy once we get to outside destinations. It will be over soon...and I'm sure yours will too

• Options
    What about an outdoor play date. Maybe seeing other children playing and enjoying outside will encourage her to try things at least.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP # 1 - June 2nd, 2011 - EDD Feb 5, 2012 Birthday Feb 10, 2012 BFP # 2 - Jan 19, 2012 - EDD Sept 24, 2013 - CP Jan 24, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"