International Bumpies

Africa, anyone?

Hey all,

Just curious if any of you are living anywhere in Africa?  We are living in Kenya right now for the next 3 years.  We are currently TTC #2 (our son is almost 21 months).   

Not too much to say (it's probably the fact that I just woke up from a Sunday nap!).  But I'm curious if anyone else is living on this continent.  

:)  

Re: Africa, anyone?

• PubliusPublius member

I think there are a couple posters in South Africa.  I don't think there is anyone in Kenya though.

Welcome to the board! 

• Hi Manda!  It's nice to have people closer to your own time zone too! Where in SA are you?  We're in NBO.  

• Loading the player...
  • LorMorLorMor member

Also South Africa, Cape Town.

Welcome to our continent! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm loving it.  I lived here previously for a couple years - but this time with H and son.  Did I mention we're in the capital - so things are a bit more modern and things are a bit more available (last time I lived more in the country).  

thanks for the welcome, ladies! 

• imageLorMor:

Also South Africa, Cape Town.

Welcome to our continent! 

I'm a bit late....rarely check this board, but I should do more often. I'm in Cape Town too! 

Cape Town, South Africa Pregnancy Ticker
  • ateachateach member
    We moved to Ghana in march! I have an almost 5 month old.
    1 Baby Girl 12/28/12 
    #2 due 11/28/14
    2 Angel Babies 9/11, 2/12

• imageateach:
    We moved to Ghana in march! I have an almost 5 month old.

I live in Ghana! I'm in Tema, where in the country are you?

Also, hi everyone, I just stumbled on this board--don't know how I missed it. I'll have to do a proper intro :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi from an American in Johannesburg!

I travel around the continent a lot for work and used to live in South Sudan and Ghana.

How do you like Nairobi? I'm there about three times a year and really enjoy visitng.
  • Just moved back to the US less than a year ago from Senegal. Every part of Africa has different things to enjoy. The food, the culture, the local children, the coffee, the land's scenery, the animals, the colors and fabric...and mostly, the people. Enjoy raising your son in this rich continent. 
  • imageCatzenfox:
    Just moved back to the US less than a year ago from Senegal. Every part of Africa has different things to enjoy. The food, the culture, the local children, the coffee, the land's scenery, the animals, the colors and fabric...and mostly, the people. Enjoy raising your son in this rich continent. 

Right! Sending you peace from Nigerian American 

• DH and I will be moving to Kenya for 5 months, near Nairobi. 
    BFP @ 1/26/13 - Natural M/C @ 2/16/13 
    All AL welcome!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Hi all. I'm in Swaziland, so close to some of you! Lived here 11 months and baby is JUST getting going. :) peace to all!
    @LydsieMarie7 - when?  suburb of NBO or another city?  

• Hi from an American in Johannesburg!

I travel around the continent a lot for work and used to live in South Sudan and Ghana.

How do you like Nairobi? I'm there about three times a year and really enjoy visitng.
    @GetwickMom - I really like Nairobi.  Except that it's very expensive to live here.  People don't really believe me when I say that - but it really is very costly to live here.  Besides that, I'm enjoying it! 

We are not in downtown Nairobi, but live really close to the National Park...I think the area is Rongai? It's also near Karen. :)
    BFP @ 1/26/13 - Natural M/C @ 2/16/13 
    All AL welcome!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

We are not in downtown Nairobi, but live really close to the National Park...I think the area is Rongai? It's also near Karen. :)
    Awesome! We're off Ngong near Prestige.  Crazy how small the world just got :) 

• Boehrig2 said:
    Hi all. I'm in Swaziland, so close to some of you! Lived here 11 months and baby is JUST getting going. :) peace to all!
    What brought you to Swaziland?
  • Also, a bunch of us moved boards awhile ago. There's a more active International board. I'd love some more African representation!
    https://pandce.****/board/23/international-living
  • My husband is Zimbabwean and we go back and forth but live permanently in Canada :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"