Birthday Parties
Options

Age for Friends at Party?

At what age did you start inviting friends/classmates to birthday parties? DS will be 3 next month and has been in preschool with the same kids for the entire year. I think the majority of the kids had their birthdays at the beginning of the school year (August/September), so I can see why the class wouldn't be invited since school had just began. Their rule is all boys, all girls, entire class, or no invitations as far as inviting, so I know nobody has had any parties where the kids were invited. Would it be weird to invite the class to our local park/zoo for his 3rd birthday? I guess I'm just a little hesitant about sending invitations since none of the other kids have. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Age for Friends at Party?

• Options

I think I'll wait until they ask.  We have a huge extended family and to invite just the core group of people brings it to about 30 ppl.  And then add in our close friends and their kids we have about 50 ppl for our "small" parties.  Having classmates there would mean either a separate party or no family party and right now I'd rather have family there than classmates I barely know.

Oh, and to answer your other question I don't know if I would do a local zoo.  The cost of admission alone would put me off to invite people I barely know.  But, if this is something you want to do I don't see why you shouldn't.  You party could be the party that brings them all together.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're renting a center at the park, which includes admission for everybody, since we are in South Georgia and it's way too hot to have an outside party in June. If we don't invite his classmates, it'll just be a family and close friends party, which will be close to 40 people.

imagedragon_chica:
    I think I'll wait until they ask.nbsp; We have a huge extended family and to invite just the core group of people brings it to about 30 ppl.nbsp; And then add in our close friends and their kids we have about 50 ppl for our "small" parties.nbsp; Having classmates there would mean either a separate party or no family party and right now I'd rather have family there than classmates I barely know.Oh, and to answer your other question I don't know if I would do a local zoo.nbsp; The cost of admission alone would put me off to invite people I barely know.nbsp; But, if this is something you want to do I don't see why you shouldn't.nbsp; You party could be the party that brings them all together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're planning to start with DS's 3rd bday.  He's getting to the point where he understands birthdays and parties, and tells us about all his friends, etc.  We've also just started getting invites from other kids that are turning 3.  In prior years, we've just invited our own friends with their kids and one or two kids from his class because I had gotten friendly with the moms.
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageklynne924:
    We're renting a center at the park, which includes admission for everybody, since we are in South Georgia and it's way too hot to have an outside party in June. If we don't invite his classmates, it'll just be a family and close friends party, which will be close to 40 people.
    imagedragon_chica:
    I think I'll wait until they ask.nbsp; We have a huge extended family and to invite just the core group of people brings it to about 30 ppl.nbsp; And then add in our close friends and their kids we have about 50 ppl for our "small" parties.nbsp; Having classmates there would mean either a separate party or no family party and right now I'd rather have family there than classmates I barely know.Oh, and to answer your other question I don't know if I would do a local zoo.nbsp; The cost of admission alone would put me off to invite people I barely know.nbsp; But, if this is something you want to do I don't see why you shouldn't.nbsp; You party could be the party that brings them all together.

Then I guess it comes down to whether you want more than 40 people at this party.  Being the first party invitation in the class shouldn't be the deciding factor on whether you do it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We invited his whole preschool class for DS's 2nd birthday. It was early in the year (november) and more than half came; add our friends' kids and we had more than 20 kiddos at the party, it was really fun for DS

Anyhow, no one else in his class has invited the other kids to their parties so I'd say 3 is the norm

Park/Zoo sounds like a nice idea (as long as you have a way to keep all the kids under sight/control at the zoo!)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    DH is in the "toddler room" at preschool which is 18-30 months.  Since he's been there, there's been one birthday, and the entire class was invited.  So we'll probably invite the entire class for his second birthday.  That will be around 11 kids, but he's been going to school with them since he was 5 months old, so I think it makes sense.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We had friends at DSs 3rd birthday party last September.  He isn't in preschool yet so it was his friends from my moms group.  Lots of kids and it was tons of fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    E will be 3 in June and this is the first year we are having my mom friends with their kids for his party and skipping the big family/close friend party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"