Babies on the Brain

Pregnancy announcement poem

Hi everybody!  I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant by a home pregnancy test.  I have an appointment on Tuesday to confirm.  My sister doesn't live here and I want to ether text her or send her a card in the mail with a really cool poem with see you in (however many days till I'm due) and then say 'That's (however many months it is)'.  I am not a good poem writer and I need help!!!!  

Also, what would be a cute way of telling my inlaws? 

Re: Pregnancy announcement poem

• Dee1028Dee1028 member

I am sure there are about 48905 of them if you google. Cutesy stuff like that is nms either.

Rose are red

Violets are blue

Your son sexed me up real nice and now I'm pregnant .

Love, DIL.

No, not what you were looking for? Stick out tongue

Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • I love the creative announcements.  I've not gotten the chance to do one, because basically my stinks stinks.

However, my sister bought a book about having a baby and gave it to me. On the last page was a sticky note that said "Baby Smith, due 12- 25-11"  It made me cry. So something like that might work for you.

• Loading the player...
  • Awe that is perfect!!  I think I will do something like that.  Thank you!!!
  • Okay, I cop to the cheesy announcement when I got pg.  I'm somewhat crafty & make my own cards so I made one for my mom on Mother's Day many moons ago when I was pg w/my first.  On the front it said:

"One...two...Happy Mother's Day to you

Three...four...but we've got something more

Five...six...in our bag of tricks

Seven...eight...we know you can't wait... 

(Inside of card)

Nine..ten...to be a GRANDMA again!" Signed by us & baby

I know, total cheese but my mom & I are really close & I wanted to do something special to tell her.  The timing worked out great for Mother's Day.  As she read it she started to cry & everyone at the table started asking what was going on & she got to tell them we were expecting.  It was pretty cool :)

• imageilovemygirls:

Okay, I cop to the cheesy announcement when I got pg.  I'm somewhat crafty & make my own cards so I made one for my mom on Mother's Day many moons ago when I was pg w/my first.  On the front it said:

"One...two...Happy Mother's Day to you

Three...four...but we've got something more

Five...six...in our bag of tricks

Seven...eight...we know you can't wait... 

(Inside of card)

Nine..ten...to be a GRANDMA again!" Signed by us & baby

I know, total cheese but my mom & I are really close & I wanted to do something special to tell her.  The timing worked out great for Mother's Day.  As she read it she started to cry & everyone at the table started asking what was going on & she got to tell them we were expecting.  It was pretty cool :)

Adorable! Sorry to PP, but I can definitely hop on the cheese wagon. 

imageimage
    Newlyweds as of 10/13/2012
    Not trying, barely preventing until we finish renovating. Assuming we ever finish.

• ksuRN09ksuRN09 member
    My best friend had us over for dinner and asked me to help. So I opened the oven to put a tray in and there was a random bun in there. I lookef at her and was like Um random? And she  asked her husband Did you put a bun in my oven? It took me a minute to catch on but finally I realized what was going on. Yea total cheese but it was cute.
                                                           photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• I was looking for a cute way to tell the soon to be fathers mother of the news. I wanted to make a card with a cute poem inside. After days of searching for poems I decided to pull out my creative side and come up with one myself. Hope this helps someone :

Yup, it's very very true
    Inside my growing tummy a grandchild patiently awaits for the day he/she gets to meet you!

We know its kinda sudden
    The news we sprung on you
    There was no talk of plans
    It kinda sprung up on us too

I'm sure you may be nervous
    Believe me we are to
    But one thing is for certain
    We know our love is true

We may be far from perfect
    An many will agree
    But there's one more thing I'm sure of
    It's our hearts have room for three

We'll take it day by day
    The good the bad...the poo
    We're ready for the challenge
    We hope that you are too

It's kinda known to be a role
    That gramma's tend to play
    To reassure and insight
    On those never ending days

So be ready for the phone calls
    Made up of tears and pleas
    Of what to do's! And can you please
    We're sure to make to thee

: I still feel like there should be a little bit more to the ending, it's a work in progress.

Megan soon to be mother of three
  • The cutesy stuff is NMS (for anything, not just baby announcements), but I know a few people who are, so if that's what you're into, I'd just recommend to keep it short.  No matter how exciting...people tend to glaze over anything that's too long.  Also, make sure who you are giving it to is into the cutesy stuff too. 
  • Fetus fetus

in my belly

soon you'll be here

with diapers smelly

or maybe

It was sweaty, loud and fast

our bumping uglies, in the past

now there's a baby in my womb

and a crib in the spare room

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • I'm a little late to the party but my husband and I wanted to do something cute to tell his parents we were expecting, it would be their first grandchild. We bought each of his parents a "grandma/pa and me" picture frame and put "Arriving April 2013" inside the picture part. Surprisingly enough, the dumb MIL couldn't figure out what it meant. But I still think it was a cute idea.
  • O. M. G.  Please don't do these silly things- especially the poems!  Nobody cares and everyone will just be rolling their eyes behind your back.  Just be a grown up and tell them.
  • WUPS.  Super old thread sorry
  • bree480 said:
    I'm a little late to the party but my husband and I wanted to do something cute to tell his parents we were expecting, it would be their first grandchild. We bought each of his parents a "grandma/pa and me" picture frame and put "Arriving April 2013" inside the picture part. Surprisingly enough, the dumb MIL couldn't figure out what it meant. But I still think it was a cute idea.

a little? Shit, a lot. A year late
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"