High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

STM question

Hi all! Lurking with a question.
I gave birth to my perfect baby girl 3 weeks ago. My pregnancy was quite a rollercoaster. I got pg thru IVF. I was diagnosed with GD late at 31 weeks. I also had hypertension in 3rd tri and was induced at 37.5 weeks and delivered vaginally. I ended up hospitalized with post partum preE a week after LO was born. I am home now and currently on a combo of BP meds to regulate symptoms.

My question is, while I understand every pregnancy is different, will my OB consider me high risk for my next pregnancy we hope to try again in 6 months? Will I have additional monitoring?

Also, is it a possibility that I will have a planned induction bc of my emergency induction with LO?

Can you share your experience if one or more of your pregnancies was high risk? What was your plan for delivery with your OB?

Obviously i will ask my OB all of these questions at my 6 week check up. TIA!
dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
  • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
  • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
  • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: STM question

• Options

In my first pregnancy I had GD and pre-e.  I was induced at 37 weeks due to pre-e.  I am considered high risk for this pregnancy and seeing a group of MFM's.  I had to take a 2 hour GTT at 14 weeks and failed so I have GD again.  So far no signs of pre-e (although my platelets are low which can sometimes go along with pre-e and HELLP). 

As of now the plan is to induce at 39 weeks due to GD.  Every doctor is different though and it really depends on your specific case.  If I were diet controlled they would have no problem letting me go to 40 weeks.  But I have been on meds since 18 weeks to control my blood sugar so that changes things.  I definitely have extra monitoring.  I've had several 24-hour urine catches already, growth scans every 4 weeks since 20 weeks, NST's and AFI twice a week starting at 32 weeks.  I go to the MFM every 2 weeks since 28 weeks, extra blood work, and a fetal echo.

All of the appointments get to be a lot but I definitely feel confident in my care!  Good luck to you!

Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can't speak to the hypertension/Pre-E, but I had GD twice. I was not automatically considered high risk with #2, but once I failed my 3hr GTT at 13 weeks I was diagnosed with GD and then considered high risk. You'll likely be tested early for GD in your next pregnancy, and that could mean extra monitoring depending on how things go as far as BS numbers, meds, etc.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"