Pregnant after a Loss
Options

First Appointment...Cautiously Optimistic

I had my first appointment today even though I got to see peanut last week and again on Monday due to my m/c history.  The doctor wanted to see peanut and detect a hb as soon as possible so I have been doing things a bit backwards.  According to my scans, I am right on track and my official due date has been set for 2/21/2013!

Doctor said that everything looks great and that she is still "cautiously optimistic".  I too am cautiously optimistic, it just bothers me that she used those words and didn't come across as being a little more confident.  I know that at seven weeks one can't be certain this is the one but I was hoping for a little more than "cautiously optimistic".  

I go back in 2.5 weeks for another u/s and hopefully get to hear a heartbeat at that time since I will be 9.5 weeks.  I am going "home" to visit family in 4 weeks and would love to be able to tell my close family that I am expecting at that time! 

BFP #1 9/3/2011 Chemical Pregnancy - 9/14/2011 BFP #2 12/6/11 Missed MC - D&C 1/24/12 BFP #3 6/15/12 EDD 2/21/2013 Stick baby, stick! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: First Appointment...Cautiously Optimistic

• Options
    I'm sorry your doctor wasn't more reassuring, but it sounds like good news. I hope your good news keeps coming.

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• Options
    I had the EXACT same experience with my doctor. I said it to him, and then at the end of our appointment he said "well based on everything, I'm cautiously optimistic"... I got out to the car and said to my husband "why is he cautious... do you think there's something else we don't know"... blah blah.  Gotta love the way our brains assume the worst. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker Grow baby, grow! Positive HPT 5-31-12 History of Blighted Ovum with D&C on 2/10/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's wonderful, so glad everything is so far so good.  Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

First, Congrats that everything is looking good.. I don't like the term 'cautiously optimistic' at all. My OB's nurse said she is 'cautiously excited'. Not that good either. FX for you!

"If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again." Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker Stick Baby Stick!
  • Options

I use cautiously optimistic all the time (it makes me feel better).  I know it's hard to hear from your doctor, but would you rather them say, "it looks great!!  this is going to work out fine!" and then thing not? :( I know that (being in healthcare), we're not supposed to give false reassurance (one of the huge things they teach you in nursing school), so maybe that's where they're coming from.  ((hugs))

Congrats on things looking good, though!!  Week by week is all we can do.  :) 

<3<3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3<3

• Options
    Thanks ladies!  I know they can't tell me that everything is going to be fine because nobody can be sure.  I am thankful though that everything looks great at this point. :)
    BFP #1 9/3/2011 Chemical Pregnancy - 9/14/2011 BFP #2 12/6/11 Missed MC - D&C 1/24/12 BFP #3 6/15/12 EDD 2/21/2013 Stick baby, stick! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm sorry your doc didn't sound so confident, but it sounds as if everything is going so far, so good. FX that everything keeps on that path!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"