January 2013 Moms
Options

MIL demanding money to watch her grandson!!!

So as my one on one time with my baby draws to an end, May 28 is the big day, I'm finding out that my MIL is demanding that we pay her to watch her own grandson!!! I know going with her is most cost efficient day care but the fact that she's demanding payment takes the kind gesture away for us. There's no way she would watch our son without getting something but sheesh! She says "When I watch Chris I'm gonna try to make what I made at a school between him and the 2 other grand kids." WTH!!! I'm taken back by this.

Re: MIL demanding money to watch her grandson!!!

• Options
    FYI Hubby is on board because its his mom.

• Options
    I think we would need more info to give an opinion on this.. How much? If she needs the money and would be working a paying job otherwise, I can kind of understand she would want to be compensated.. It's pretty hard work to watch a baby all the time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think this can only be a good thing. When she does something you don't agree on, you can have a professional talk with her. Now you can expect her to do things your way bc she is an employee of you, not just a doting grandma, Kwim?  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    ta78ta78 member

I wouldn't expect her to watch him for free. It's not just spending some time w her grandson if she is w him all day. It is a job. 

I have a feeling you may be making it more dramatic than it may be also, did she really 'demand' money or did she ask? 

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Options
    imageta78:

I wouldn't expect her to watch him for free. It's not just spending some time w her grandson if she is w him all day. It is a job. 

I have a feeling you may be making it more dramatic than it may be also, did she really 'demand' money or did she ask? 

All of this.  I think it is ridiculous to expect her to watch him for free while you are at work.   

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    So... She doesn't deserve to be paid for child care because its her grandson? It's still a baby and its still hard work. I don't think she's in the wrong here.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options
    imageAllycat11:
    imageta78:

All of this.  I think it is ridiculous to expect her to watch him for free while you are at work.   

Yep.

It's wrong to expect free childcare and then be offended when she asks to be paid. 

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

How is this coming up now and not before lo was born?  What was the original plan?

I understand that sometimes original plans go out the window once lo is actually here, but did you and MIL talk about this at all or was it just assumed on your part?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    I think OP's issue is more about the way it came up. Even she stated she would never expect her to it for free.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    drpaynedrpayne member
    imageAllycat11:
    imageta78:

I agree. My parents raised their kids. I don't expect them to raise mine. I know parents often offer but it shouldn't be expected, especially not for free.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"