March 2013 Moms
Options

constipated baby

is anyone else is formula feed baby constipated?

Re: constipated baby

• Options

imagecbb722:
    is anyone else is formula feed baby constipated?

what makes you think little one is constipated? 

5.18.11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker EDD 3.12.13
  • Options
    She has not pooped since Saturday. We are seeing the pedi this afternoon. She is FF but 3 days is still a long time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My pedi told me to put a teaspoon of Karo syrup in her bottle if she is constipated and it works great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecbb722:
    She has not pooped since Saturday. We are seeing the pedi this afternoon. She is FF but 3 days is still a long time.

I'm glad that you're going to see the pedi if you're concerned.

I thought my LO was constipated on Saturday because he hadn't pooped all day. I knew this is normal for formula fed babies, which he is, but after having extremely regular poopy diapers all day long since he was born, I was a bit worried. Turns out it was just his system getting used to his new iron fortified formula. His bowel movements are now fewer and farther between and they look and smell waaay different than before. But according to everything I've read, they are completely normal for a formula fed baby.

I hope you get some answers and that your LO starts pooping again soon!
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Options
    My pedi said sometimes they just don't poop for days but if you're really worried, do a rectal temp. It usually stimulates them to have a bowel movement. However I'd still mention it to the pedi just to ease your mind
  • Options
    cbb722cbb722 member
    Thanks everyone for your support! Our Pedi told US to give her 3 oz of prune juice. 1 oz an hr and we gave her 2 oz.

It worked like a charm!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"