October 2013 Moms
Options

Testing

I'm pregnant with number two and did no testing the first time around. I'd heard from several people that its pretty inaccurate and just makes you worry. For some reason this time around I am strongly considering this time. I think the first time around I went through it all oblivious to all the complications/what could go wrong. This time I'm worrying about all those things I didn't think much about the first time any STM with stories on accuracy or if they were happy they did it? Thanks

Re: Testing

• Options
    I say if you're going to worry either way, get the test.  Better to have more information than less, ya know?
    BFP 11/2/10! First Dr's appt 11/30/10, shows Blighted Ovum measuring~ 5.9w @ 7w5d Natural Miscarraige 12/10/10 TTA unitl Feb, waiting BARE minimum before hopping back in the saddle So ready to try again, but I will never forget my first baby. BFP#2 02/06/11!!!! *stick baby, stick!* Team Green turn Team PINK 10/09/11 BFP #3 02/23/13...SURPRISE! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have other things to worry about so for me, it was nice to know that with my age, 38, there were no increased odds of Downs Syndrome, trisomies, etc.

Having suffered two losses last year, it also gave me some reassurance that the baby was alive and well because we were able to see it again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Emergency ileostomy 11/28/10, CF dx on 12/3/10 and ileostomy takedown 1/24/11, feeding tube placed 7/1/11...still going strong! Little one lost 5w5d, 5/27/2012. CP 8/26/2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsJYMrsJY member
    I didn't go for testing with DS and opted out again this time. My doctor said both times the chances of a false positive are high and with an amnio there's chance of miscarriage, not worth it to me.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageMrsJY:
    I didn't go for testing with DS and opted out again this time. My doctor said both times the chances of a false positive are high and with an amnio there's chance of miscarriage, not worth it to me.

Ok thanks you just helped me confirm some of the thoughts I've been having thanks all
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"