Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Update and Question

I haven't been around in a while because I have been swamped at work (I'm an accountant) since I was off for 2 weeks. Here is a background of me:

I had a d&c on 3/27. I was supposed to be 13 weeks and the baby stopped growing at 12.5 weeks. They sent everything off for testing and it came back that our baby had triploid syndrome. That just means that instead of having the normal 46 chromosomes (23 from mom and 23 from dad) he had an extra set of 23 for a total of 69 (XXY). My brother had kleinfelter's syndrome which is 1 extra chromorsome (47) so we are being referred to a genetic counselor to see if this could be a genetic thing. I doubt that, but we will find out. It is just so nice to finally have an answer and something to blame. I wish everyone got the comfort of having a reason. I'm lucky in this regard.

My question relates to my d&c. It will be 5 weeks this Wednesday. I stopped bleeding at the 3.5 week mark, but I am still having brownish muscus. I go through 2ish panty liners a day so it isn't a ton, but it is annoying and a constant reminder. My doc scheduled an u/s for next week to make sure she got everything. I'm kind of worried that she didn't because that would make me have surgery again. Has anyone been through this before? I feel like I should be done with the discharge by now.

I also think I had a period already. I started breaking out really bad (which I still am) and had back pains and light cramping at about the 2.5-3.5 week mark. I haven't had any other bleeding since then. I'm guessing my next cylce will be either next week or the week after.

I'm just feeling like the exception and not the rule and that isn't comforting at all. Thanks for reading and sorry this got so long.

Lost baby at 13 weeks due to triploidy syndrome D&C 3/27/13 repeat D&C 5/8/13Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Update and Question

• Options
    I'm sorry u have to be here...I can't help in regards to yhour question. I'm 2 wk post and was haveing brown blood for 2 days and today sstarted with light amt or red...greeat right. Hope u get some answers soon
  • Options
    You should be ok as far as genetic concerns go. I used to work in a genetics lab, and both Kleinfelter and Turner's syndrome are generally due to nondisjunction during fertilization. The genetic concern comes in when you have XXXY or XXYY. Those are more commonly associated with parents who either express or are carriers for the gene. As to your question, my OB said that I could have bleeding ranging from spotting to a normal flow for up to 6 weeks post D&C. Hopefully you won't need a 2nd surgery! I'll keep you in my prayers! =)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

So sorry for your loss.  I am glad you are going to see your Dr.  I had DnC in Feb. AF came back 5 weeks later and second AF came back last week which was on CD 29.  After MC I was lucky I did not have any cramping or pain.  I only had slight bleeding for a few days.  I know everyone is so different the best thing to do is to talk to your Dr to make sure all is ok.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.   

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    In had to have a D&C on April 11 had bleeding and ,old cramping for 2 weeks at my 2 week post op I was scheduled for another D&C the next day (Friday)after confirmation of more tissue in my uterus.  The second time wasn't to terrible(except I was hard to put to sleep).  I haven't had as much bleeding or cramping  this time,. Hope this helps. 
  • Options

imagejwauford:
    In had to have a D&C on April 11 had bleeding and ,old cramping for 2 weeks at my 2 week post op I was scheduled for another D&C the next day (Friday)after confirmation of more tissue in my uterus.  The second time wasn't to terrible(except I was hard to put to sleep).  I haven't had as much bleeding or cramping  this time,. Hope this helps. 

I also had to go for a 2nd d&c due to more tissue in my uterus. It's better to get it checked out. Hope you feel better soon.

• Options
    imagenella6066:

imagejwauford:

I also had to go for a 2nd d&c due to more tissue in my uterus. It's better to get it checked out. Hope you feel better soon.

That sucks for both of you. I'm terrified to have to go under again. I hate that feeling. I'm hoping that there is nothing there, but everytime I go to the bathroom there is stuff floating. How did they determine that you still have stuff in your uterus? Did they do an u/s sound? Was it easy to spot?

Lost baby at 13 weeks due to triploidy syndrome D&C 3/27/13 repeat D&C 5/8/13Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My doctor did a pelvic exam and found tissue then did an ultrasound to find the rest. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"