Babies: 0 - 3 Months

I'm trapped!...

...on the couch! 

J was making such progress toward napping in his crib! All weekend he took a 2-3 hour afternoon nap there. Yesterday he was fussy and needy, but he still got a 45 minute nap in his crib. Today, he is fighting his swaddle, both blanket and Swaddleme. I removed the swaddle, and put him down both drowsy and sound asleep, and within 5 minutes he was trashing and screaming. I gave him a few minutes, thinking he was fighting sleep, but he was not having it. I am now cuddling him on the couch and he is fast asleep. 

Since we've tried 3 times and each time he had a major meltdown, I've given up stressing him for today. Would you do the same, or would you be persistent in trying? He's due to eat anyway in 30 minutes. Ack!  

Started TTC 2/2009
Started fertility treatments 11/2010
Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
6 failed medicated IUI's
Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
Decided to adopt - 6/2012
SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
Here we go again...
Due 8/26/19!

Re: I'm trapped!...

• I just go with the flow. If baby wants to eat, she eats. If she wants to nurse to fall asleep, then she does. I have not attempted a nap in the crib. I either put her down in the RnP or swing because usually she'll wake up within 10 minutes of being put down anyway. We have no routine yet. She does take one good 2 hour nap every day, but I couldn't tell you what time that's going to be. The only time she really sleeps decently is at night, but I suspect that's only because we bed share so she's next to me all night long. I also only swaddle at night. She doesn't really like it, but it keeps her arms out of the way since we nurse side lying all night.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I usually go with the 3 strikes and I give up rule... frankly I just get sick of bending over the PnP a million times. He napped in bed next to me for 1.5 hours this morning like a LOG after decompensating in his PnP...
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not joking when I say today I am in your exact situation...I don't know what this is, but it is somewhat annoying since I don't have my wrap yet and my husband is gone working this week.

This morning he was doing ten minute sleeps in between each hour awake... this afternoon I fell asleep with him for two hours, just fed him and he was asleep.. for a whole two minutes, just enough to go to the bathroom. I was thinking about eating (ate with one hand this morning), but nope, guess not right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageClandestineX:

I am not joking when I say today I am in your exact situation...I don't know what this is, but it is somewhat annoying since I don't have my wrap yet and my husband is gone working this week.

This morning he was doing ten minute sleeps in between each hour awake... this afternoon I fell asleep with him for two hours, just fed him and he was asleep.. for a whole two minutes, just enough to go to the bathroom. I was thinking about eating (ate with one hand this morning), but nope, guess not right now.

lol. Story of my life :) 

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Here I thought eating with one hand was normal! It's amazing what you can learn to do with one hand.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Not when it is something meant to be eaten with two hands and utensils.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAngela814:
    Here I thought eating with one hand was normal! It's amazing what you can learn to do with one hand.

I can't remember the last time I got to eat dinner with both hands.

Kelly, just go with the flow and do what works for now. These LOs like to switch things up nearly every day. Personally, I don't plan to worry too much about a nap routine for at least a few more weeks. If my little guy lets me put him down while napping, whoohooo! If he is having a fussy/clingy day, I try to just accept that I might not have much "me time" that day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"