1st Trimester
Options

OMG....

So...I missed my period last week and took a pregnancy test today....OK so far I have actually taken 5 pregnancy tests...they all say PREGNANT! I am so nervous! My husband and I have talked about it but have decided to wait until he hopefully gets transferred to North Carolina. I am freaking out a bit.. I have work yoday and plan on taking 8 more different tests....I know...im rambling....I am just in shock. I dont want to tell anyone yet....which is hard....If all 20 tests I take today are positive, I plan on bringing my husband to the place that he proposed and "proposing" to him with a pacifier lol. Also...I am on amoxicillin for a sinus infection right now...is it OK? I am going to call my OB as soon as they open to find out. Oh my goodness......I might have a little human inside of me!!! ahhhhh!! Ok....time for work....Ill write back after my other 15 tests lol :)

Re: OMG....

• Options
    U should quit buying test and start saving your money for diapers
  • Options
    Amoxicilin is fine while your pregnant fyi. congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dude. One test is plenty. Unless it looks like an evap, then 2 will suffice. Are you worried that they're incorrect, because there's no such thing as a false postive (unless you took medications containing hcg or have given birth/miscarried in the last 6 weeks). There are evap lines, but the odds of it happening on 5 (or even two) different tests of different brands are almost non-existant. 1 positive=pregnant 5 positives still= pregnant. Congrats!
    Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • Options
    You're pregnant, congrats. No more tests needed :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Expecting our first, baby BOY, 12/12/13
  • Options
    I agree with PP - step away from the tests!!  Why would you need to pee on that many (admittedly I peed on one stick a morning for 4-5 days b/c I tested early and had a trigger and wanted to make sure it was getting darker not lighter) tests?  Say, if one comes back lighter than the others, or without a line, then what does that prove? Nothing other than one was defective or there was human error in taking the test.  You. Are. Pregnant. Congratulations! 
    Me: 30, DH: 40 
    TTC since January 2012HSG & Bloodwork: Normal, SA: NormalDx: Unexplained Infertility 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN (three cycles)
    50mg Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFP (one cycle)
    Beta #1 (12dpo) = 49  Beta #2 (14dpo)= 149

Expecting g/g twins Oct '13

• Options
    Ok ok no more tests lol! I did use all the ones I had at home but I think I was kinda jn shock as in denial. I'm gonna call my OB to see if they can fax a script for a blood test to a lab in the hospital I work in. I'm just still in shock lol but happy!!
  • Options
    imageAFwifelife:

imagefirsttimemom143:
    Ok ok no more tests lol! I did use all the ones I had at home but I think I was kinda jn shock as in denial. I'm gonna call my OB to see if they can fax a script for a blood test to a lab in the hospital I work in. I'm just still in shock lol but happy!!

Just know that it isn;t common practice for all doctors to order a blood test.  I had to have one for insurance purposes but that was about it.  Betas usually aren't ordered unless you have a history of multiple losses or were going through fertility treatments. 

OP - Congrats on stepping away from the tests ;)

I agree with the above though - betas aren't "normal" practice - so don't be too disappointed if they don't call one in for you! Just bask in the knowledge that you ARE pregnant :):) 

Me: 30, DH: 40 
    TTC since January 2012HSG & Bloodwork: Normal, SA: NormalDx: Unexplained Infertility 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN (three cycles)
    50mg Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFP (one cycle)
    Beta #1 (12dpo) = 49  Beta #2 (14dpo)= 149

Expecting g/g twins Oct '13

• Options
    I'm glad you posted this on 1st tri and not TTGP  :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    haha yes, no more peeing on things. Start saving for things for LO to pee on. Congratz! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Options
    It should only take 1 TEST HONEY!! YOUR PREGNANT!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations! And stop taking tests!

• Options

Yes no more test are needed! Although I took I think four myself because I was also in shock. I had so many negative tests all the months prior that I was thrown off when we finally got a positive.

But congrats!!!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagefirsttimemom143:

you don't need a blood test.  You're pregnant.  

• Options

imagefirsttimemom143:
    I plan on bringing my husband to the place that he proposed and "proposing" to him with a pacifier lol. 

I'm sorry, that's ridiculous.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Lol if you knew my husband you wouldn't think it is. I won't actually be getting on my knees lol
  • Options
    Thanks Everyone! Soooo excited!
  • Options
    Instead of wasting your money on all those tests just accept the fact that you have conceived. I'm at 31 weeks now with my first. The minute I stopped obsessing over it well it happened. Now I have a precious baby boy on the way. First baby boy on my side of the family in 50 years. Hah!

That is so cool how you might tell your hubby you are preggo.

Again stop with the tests. They are as accurate as the test the doc will give you at the office. Save that money to celebrate with your hubby.
  • Options

-lerk-

I took 7 pregnancy tests and a blood test.

First pregnancy tests was a (well maybe, just in case, something doesnt feel right)

then the next two were my (holy sh!t, this is a fake, no way)

the next two (maybe this is real)

the last two were digital (this test is telling me i'm pregnant!)

and the last was a blood test.

I was 19 when I found out I was pregnant, I graduated last May and I finished schooling to be an STNA and was having fun partying with my friends and then BAM pregnant, for a few weeks she said my daughter was a tumor lol Blood test came back saying I was 5 to 6 weeks pregnant.

The day I told my mom I was pregnant she got a speeding ticket coming home from work and I wasnt even in the car and she blamed me lol

Now me and my fiance live on our own in a beautiful neighborhood, with a baby girl due very very soon (less than 3 weeks)

BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"