Parenting after a Loss

4 month appointment

Annabelle had her 4 month appointment today and it went great! She's now 12lbs4oz which brings her up to the 24th percentile! Not bad since she was born at about 5th percentile and at her last appointment was only up to 8th. Her Dr was impressed by how social and active she was and told us he thinks she'll probably be an early crawler because she just wants to up and go all the time. He told us to "have fun" when we asked about swimming and was fully supportive of us planning to try BLWing. 

It made me feel so good to find out that she's clearly getting enough to eat, I know she has plenty of dirty and wet diapers but when you don't see how much is going in it's hard not to worry. She cried after getting her shots but by the time I fed her and got her dressed she acted like she didn't even remember getting the shots I was so proud of my big girl. She's a bit fussy now but I'm hoping it won't last, she did so well after her 2 month shots so I guess I was a bit spoiled. 

Re: 4 month appointment

• Yay! That is a huge growth jump! That is great anout her being so alert and active. Sounds like you have a cool doctor too.

My little butterball just had his 4 month appt on Friday and he weighed 16 pounds!!! He's always been huge but geez.

Eta I noticed that DS didn't get as fussy after his 4 month shots like he did with the 2 month so hopefully it will be the same for you!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Glad to hear she had such a great appointment! I hope she's not fussy for long. 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay Annabelle!  DD had her 4 month appt today, shots too.  She seems ok, drowsier than usual so I'm hoping she sleeps longer tonight. :)   She is 14lbs 2 oz, a whole pound heavier than DS was and he was taller.
    DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • She was pretty much fussy for the rest of the evening other than when she was awake or eating, she also nursed a lot more frequently, I'm thinking more for comfort than hunger. She's in bed now and went down pretty easily I'm just praying she stays down! After her two month shots she just cried until she fell asleep and took a nap and then was fine the rest of the day other than being extra tired so today was considerably worse than last time but not too bad.
  • Glad she had such a great appointment! I know hat you mean about always wondering if they are getting enough to eat. I can't wait until our next appointment just to see how much weight he has gained! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"