Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Hydronephrosis

Please if anyone on here has a child with this condition any advice you can give would be appreciated. Wednesday, I took my son into the hospital for a VCUG which is a procedure where they catheter him and then run due through his kidneys to see if he has kidney reflux. The first time they did it he pushed the catheter out before they could run the dye through. Second time he kicked so much it slid out. The third time they called in the pediatric nurse she inserts the catheter my child is screaming bloody murder didn't make a sound the first 2 times I ask them to take it out and they say they will. After 10 minutes of me pleading for them to take it out they finally do and blood is squirting from his penis. I am crying, he's crying they are trying to calm me down by telling me this has happened before. That is not an acceptable answer to me. They call his PCP and inform her of the ordeal. They also say he will probably have some bleeding during the evening but it should subside by Thursday. No bleeding Thursday, Friday Saturday or Sunday. I hear him screaming like he's in pain Monday morning he has drops of blood in his diaper. We go back to the doc. I request to see a pediatric urologist they refer me to go to one at children's hospital. Call to make an appt, thy wont take me because I don't have film of the procedure they did previously. Tonight the boy tosses and turns, something tells me to check his diaper more blood. I just don't know what else to do. He's sleepy and in pain I'm exhausted and no one seems to be of any help. Someone please offer some advice if you can.

Re: Hydronephrosis

• Options
    I'm sorry I have no experience, but I want to give you and your LO hugs. Don't stop pushing until you are satisfied with the treatments and answers you get. Good luck and I'm sorry you both are going through this.
    Me 37 DH 40 TTC since 1/11 DOR AMH .34 DH S/A Great BFP 12/11! MC 1/12 IUI #1 2/12 BFN. IUI #2 3/12 BFN. IUI #3 4/12 BFN IVF #1 5/12 BFP! DD 2/13/12
  • Options
    imagefullfhope:
    I'm sorry I have no experience, but I want to give you and your LO hugs. Don't stop pushing until you are satisfied with the treatments and answers you get. Good luck and I'm sorry you both are going through this.

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"