Georgia Babies

Oliver is home!

Oliver spent 16 days at Scottish Rite with RSV. Just when I thought I would go completely crazy, he turned a corner and started getting better. It took forever to get him off oxygen. He is doing well now, but he is sleeping a lot. I'm assuming he's catching up on sleep after constantly getting interrupted in the middle of the night at the hospital. I'm so glad to be sleeping in my own bed again. Unfortunately we found out during his hospital stay that he is going to have to have open heart surgery in the next several months to close the hole in his heart because it is causing some side effects and they don't think it will close on its own. This has been very hard for me to accept and I'm terrified. We meet with the cardiologist in a week to discuss more specifics. Thank you all for your prayers and support. It seems like Oliver's first year of life will be a crazy one, but I'm hoping this all makes us stronger, especially him.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Oliver is home!

• So glad to hear from you. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. I know this must be so scary. Are you able to leave him with someone and take some time to take care of yourself? It's so important so make sure you do that! If nothing else, sleep when he sleeps! Easier said than done when you have an active toddler running around too!

• I am so glad to hear that Oliver is home! What a scary thing to go through on top of everything else you are already going through!

The heart surgeons, heart doctors, nurses, etc. at the Sibley heart center at Egleston are awesome. Children come from all over the southeast to go Sibley because it is such an amazing facility. We are so lucky to have it in Atlanta. Dr. Kogon did my daughter's open heart surgery at 8 days old. If you have any questions about Sibley or the open heart surgery, I am willing to try and answer. I obviously don't know all the ins and outs of the actual surgery, but I know what it is like to go through as a parent. I also have a good friend that is an anesthesiologist at Sibley, so she was able to talk me through things and put me more at ease. It really is an amazing facility and Oliver will be in GREAT hands. While it is not easy for us as parents to go through (it's open heart surgery!), for the doctor's, repairing a hole in the heart is a relatively routine procedure. 

*hugs*

• Loading the player...
  • I am so glad Oliver is home. I really hope things get easier for you. You are doing a great job momma.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so glad to hear that Oliver recovered quickly and is home now! Continued T&P and support for you guys. 
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • I am so glad to hear Oliver is home! I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • I'm so glad yall are home and out of the hospital. Prayers for Oliver and you on this next step. While we haven't had to do surgery with Bailey's heart condition, the cardio doctors and everyone at Sibley (I'm guessing that's who yall are seeing) are awesome and just simply amazing. i hope it all goes smoothly
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so glad to hear that he is doing better and I will keep sending good thoughts for his heart.
  • I'm so glad he is home! I've been thinking about y'all! I will continue to send get well wishes your way.
    photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • KerrinKerrin member
    Oh I'm so glad that he's home. My next door neighbor has a son with downs and had an operation to close a whole in his heart as well. He's a healthy 4 year old now! I know it's such a scary time for you, but know that he'll be in such good hands. Big hugs to you!!
  • So happy that baby boy is at home!  Praying for strength for you and your family as you anticipate his surgery. He is a strong little boy and has a big fan base praying for him. Hugs to you!  Hope you can get some rest, I know you need it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"