New to The Bump
Options

New Girl!

I've been reading a lot of the boards and other information on The Bump over the last several months and finally decided to join. 

I'm 27-years-old and have been married for 4 years. After taking the BC pill for 8 years, I finally decided to go off of it last June when my husband and I decided to start TTC. My first period after going off BC was late but did make an appearance in July. Following that cycle, I never got another period until I went to the doctor and was prescribed Provera (5 doses, 10 mg). I continued taking Provera and finally went back to my doctor in January to find out what's going on. After a vaginal ultrasound and blood work, it was determined my progesterone levels were very low, and therefore I was not ovulating. 

From there, my doctor prescribed 50 mg of Clomid to be taken days 5-9. My cycle started on April 2nd following Provera. I took the Clomid which seemed to make me especially moody, crampy, and sore. I was extremely hopeful for my BFP, but my period showed up on day 20 and was very, very heavy. I wasn't pleased for my period to arrive, but I guess I was kind of pleased that it came on its own... So, as of April 26, I have again started Clomid (50 mg, days 5-9).

I guess I'm looking for support and advice during what has become a very stressful time.

I look forward to "talking" with you all! 

Re: New Girl!

• Options

Welcome.

Did your dr run other tests, such as an HSG to test for tube blockage? Why did they go with Clomid vs progesterone supplements? Are they monitoring you on Clomid?

I'd suggest you talk to some people on the GP and even trouble TTC boards who've used Clomid. They can give you some feedback. FWIW, the side effects you experienced are typical for Clomid. But it's really important to be monitored, and unfortunately some drs just give it out and don't follow up appropriately

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"