Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Is this normal...

So, yesterday was the first week since the MC and DC that my family and I attempted to return to church. I've had this feeling of not wanting to be around people so I've been avoiding going back. Well, I wish that I didn't go...I totally freaked out and it felt like I had and anxiety attack, my heart was racing, my face went numb and I started crying and this was all after my pastor gave me a hug and asked how I was doing. I couldn't handle people just asking how I was, you know just the typical "hey how are you/nice to see you" type of things, only a few people even know what happened.

I don't know what to do...should I bring this up at my post-op on wednseday? My husband has even noticed things at home that have him concerned about my emotional state...I just want to feel like myself again.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                            ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
   Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Is this normal...

• Options
    Take a deep breath ::HUGS::

There is no "normal" or "not normal" way to grieve the loss that has brought as all here. We have lost our children.

However, many of us do need something to help us get through this time. So by all means bring it up to your doctor at your appointment and discuss it. That's what they are there for.

Most importantly, take care of you. T and P for you. And more ::HUGS::
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers November 22, 2012: Went into ER with spotting to discover my babies had stopped developing at 10 wks 4 days and 11 wks 3 days. Their hearts no longer beat. EDD:05/27/2013 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers April 22, 2013: Found out I was miscarrying May 3, 2013:Saw baby in Utero and in tubes diagnosed with Heterotopic pregnancy May 7, 2013: Taken into surgery for tubal pregnancy baby and right tube was removed Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry...yes u ccould bring it up..wouldn't hurt to talk about it maybe your having some deppression..good luck. I go for my post op apt today
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKatie5295:
    Take a deep breath ::HUGS:: There is no "normal" or "not normal" way to grieve the loss that has brought as all here. We have lost our children. However, many of us do need something to help us get through this time. So by all means bring it up to your doctor at your appointment and discuss it. That's what they are there for. Most importantly, take care of you. T and P for you. And more ::HUGS::

This. If you feel like you need to talk to a councillor please do, or maybe you could try a miscarriage support group. This is only if you feel like you need to talk out your grief.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageSerenla:

imageKatie5295:
    Take a deep breath ::HUGS:: There is no "normal" or "not normal" way to grieve the loss that has brought as all here. We have lost our children. However, many of us do need something to help us get through this time. So by all means bring it up to your doctor at your appointment and discuss it. That's what they are there for. Most importantly, take care of you. T and P for you. And more ::HUGS::

This. If you feel like you need to talk to a councillor please do, or maybe you could try a miscarriage support group. This is only if you feel like you need to talk out your grief.

I would definitely ask your doctor.  Also the hospital in my town has a breavement counselor for women and families who have just lost their LO.  They talk to you whether you were 6 weeks along or your infant passed away at home.  She was really nice.  I talked to her over the phone and she said if I ever come in she also had some things to give me but I never went in so I am not sure what.  I am so sorry girl.  My mc was 3 weeks ago tomorrow and am taking it one day at a time.  My good days are coming more and more than my bad days as the time goes on.  *Hugs*

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    The same thing happened to me. I was not leaving the house at all; now any time I do it's a complete disaster. My first day back at work was bad too, with people asking how my Spring Break was and I'd just break down. I'm not gonna lie and say it gets better because it never actually gets better, it just gets easier to manage your emotions and get on day to day.
  • Options
    I agree with Serenla. Normal is whatever is normal for you, in my opinion. We're all dealing with this in slightly different ways, but personally, I also dreaded people asking how I was. I dealt with it okay when it happened, but the fear was, and it did happen, someone asking about the pregnancy who didn't know I had lost it. I got, "How are you? Any morning sickness yet?" and "Hey, you can't have coffee!" I would ask my doctor about the anxiety attack, as those can be crippling. Hopefully they have some good advice for you as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"