Babies on the Brain
Options

And so it begins...

One of my best friends from college just announced today that she & her husband are expecting and I actually felt my first twinges of jealousy. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for her. When my other 2 best friends announced their pregnancies (4 between the 2), I was super excited for them but never felt any jealousy so this caught me off guard!

Me - 29, DH - 30

Married 8/2008

TTC since 8/2013

9/2014 Progesterone test - Perfect

10/2014 HSG - All Clear

9/2014 DH's SA - Perfect

Re: And so it begins...

• Options
    Sadly I feel the same way! My cousin just had beautiful twins and was not trying at all. I'm feeling like when is my turn??? I hate feeling this way
  • Options
    I have went through this so many times because soo many of my friends are on number 2. I can't wait to have #2 but FI are waiting until we are married so I still have at least a year until I can get pregnant.  I know that I'm doing what's right and I love that DD and I have had so many years to bond with her as an only child.  I just can't shake the can't wait for #2 feeling.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fortunately there is no limit on the number of babies the universe can hold so barring any issues, you'll have your babies soon enough. Revel in the silence and freedom while you can.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

test

Baby Jackson Grant Due 9/20/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Not only is everyone at my work and my husband's work seems to be expecting, several of our friends are also expecting including 2 best friends. Super jealous! My husband and I agreed to wait til winter to TTC but in the meantime my biological clock is driving me crazy. Trying to keep positive and distracted by crocheting baby blankets for our 2 best friends
    photo c9f20a08-e61b-4141-972e-d243ea91d7a9.jpg
  • Options
    I am so with you on this one. I am almost 24 and have been married 2 wonderful years. We just finished undergrad, have bought a house, and started careers. We want kids but we are waiting a bit longer because we have certain things we want to be able to provide for our children, plus we are on the young side. I feel like not a month goes by that I don't find out someone my age or younger from college or high school is having a baby. I always feel a bit of jealousy but also a "why can't I?" feeling because, by comparison, we are head and shoulders more prepared than most of the situations I hear about. I just always have to remind myself "good for them, they are starting a family. I don't want their baby, I want ours!" haha Jealousy is just a normal emotion and doesn't mean you aren't happy for others, just that you want to experience what they are experiencing... and you will!
  • Options
    I hate that feeling and I hated it even more when we weren't ready to ttc.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I feel your pain... My facebook is blowing up with new babies/baby announcements... My DH and I have been trying for almost a year now and we are usually pretty good at keeping a good attitude, but the past few weeks have been extremely hard. It doesn't help that on my way home from lunch I passed one woman walking down the street headed to the tattoo shop with a cigarette and mountain dew in her hand that had to be about 7-8 months along and a very young girl who couldn't have been more than 15 years old who appeared to be about 5-6 months along. Don't get me wrong- I'm not trying to be judgmental. I think everyone should be blessed with a child- as long as they are willing to make the sacrifices necessary to be a parent and to do it to the best of their ability. It's very hard to see women who take motherhood for granted when you want a baby so badly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"