Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Moms of 2+ who pump

I'm trying to fit a pumping time into my schedule but DD is still sorta all over the place with sleep/wake times.  Usually I have both kids down at the same time for an afternoon nap (atleast overlapping for a brief period of time, sometimes they end up sleeping for a big nap at the same time- HEAVEN! lol) so on those days, that would work, but I also know that mornings is when you have the most milk.  Just seems tough to fit that in during the morning hours. 

What has worked for you?  Those of you who EP- major props!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moms of 2+ who pump

• Options
    Although the best time to pump is mornings, the easiest time for me is night, after both kids go to bed. I still get 10oz out of that session so I am alright with it. I can't imagine EPing with 2 kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options

imagerjeller32:
    Although the best time to pump is mornings, the easiest time for me is night, after both kids go to bed. I still get 10oz out of that session so I am alright with it. I can't imagine EPing with 2 kids.

I'm so jealous!!!  I'm still only getting 2 oz from each side if I'm lucky.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't EP (no way I could do that!) but I try to pump at least once a day to build a stash. I find it's easiest to wake around 6 am and pump one side while both boys are still asleep. DS 2 usually wakes around 4 or 5 am to eat and then goes back down, so I feed him on one side; then I'll pump one side so he'll have milk on the other when he wakes up. I've been getting 2-3 oz per day. Not great, but okay for now.

With DS 1, he went to bed at 7 and slept a long stretch early on, so I pumped at 10 before I went to bed. I got 3-4 oz each night and had a huge stash. I did this for at least 6 months. 

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I have to EP due to various reasons. I pump every 34 hours during the day. I have a huge supply built up in my freezer already I seem to be pumping almost twice what I need in a day so I try and time my pumping for right after he eats. Then I can put him in his swing or on his play mat and he is pretty content for a little bit! I also pump on the morning before he wakes up. Sometimes it can get a little crazy but I just try to make it work the best I can!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Every 3 to 4 hours not 34!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have been EPing for a few weeks now for the twins. I get about 56 oz a day......I just have DS all set up with his toys throughout the day, and of course having a completely baby proofed home is crucial.  I pump 7 times every 24 hours (7, 10, 1, 4, 7, 10 and one in the middle of the night) DS actually does really well.
  • Options

imageSkyBee:
    I have been EPing for a few weeks now for the twins. I get about 56 oz a day......I just have DS all set up with his toys throughout the day, and of course having a completely baby proofed home is crucial.  I pump 7 times every 24 hours (7, 10, 1, 4, 7, 10 and one in the middle of the night) DS actually does really well.

That is amazing!  Huge props to you!  I cannot even imagine... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"