Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Swaddling baby or not to?

My baby is 4 months now and for the past week he has been sleeping horribly!  He would wiggle himself like crazy trying to get his arm out of the SwaddleMe which would wake him up.  The last two nights we tried keeping his arms out but there were times he would startle himself awake or couldn't settle himself to sleep with his arms out.  How can you tell that your baby is ready to get rid of the swaddle?

Re: Swaddling baby or not to?

• I got something called a zipadeezip. It's like a halo sleep sack (kind of) what arms that extend over the hands. They have a website - google it. It dampens the startle reflex and we used that to transition out of the swaddle.
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • imagekbruington:
    When my LO spent more time trying to break out of the swaddle than he was sleeping, I knew it was time</ST
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• Loading the player...
  • imagefennyann:

imagekbruingto
  • We used the Halo swaddler (sold at Target) where you can have both arms in, 1 out or both out.  It's fantastic.  We used it until LO was 7 months old.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • She loved her Miracle Blanket until about 2 months and then she just seemed to get annoyed by it. Now she sleeps without one with no problems.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• DS actually really likes being swaddled, but started rolling to his side so we had to stop.  We bought the Magic Sleep Suit which has been a great transition for him.  It's kind of like sleeping in a snowsuit.  They can move, but it makes t
  • If you think he will do better without being swaddled, try putting him down without it one night. If he's still having a hard time sleeping, you'll know it's because of something different. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We had to stop at 12 weeks because LO started rolling to his belly. We had to quit the swaddle cold turkey. It was a rough night or two but it wasn't terrible. You can try one arm out. It just takes them a bit to get used to it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a zipadeezip as well and it really helped my DD transition from the swaddle. I highly recommend them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"