June 2012 Moms

Anyone have a lip tie?

I just discovered last week that DD's lip is tied. My Pedi brushed it off like it wasn't a big deal and there wasn't anything we needed to do about it but I'm not so sure. Based on what I've read it can interfere with speech development and really impact the adult teeth when they come in.

DD doesn't have any limited movement (smiles etc) and has no trouble eating. I know it's not an 'emergency' but I was thinking I'd like to have it fixed sooner than later so I was surprised by my Dr's reaction.

Next step is the dentist and we'll see what they have to say.

Anyone else have a baby with a lip tie? What are your plans to deal with it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone have a lip tie?

• My DS has a lip tie. We had his tongue tie clipped at 3 weeks, but from all my reading, a lip tie isn't nearly as big of an issue. I'll see how his top two teeth come in. If they come in with a gap, or if he has any speech issues we may do something. I

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD has a lip tie. We're not worried about it... it doesn't seem to be an issue.

I also have a lip tie. It was only an issue because my two front teeth kept separating. My orthodontist fixed my teeth without clipping it, though.<span styl

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd never heard of a lip tie until I read this post. DD's top two teeth have a wide gap. I wonder if it's because of a lip tie? She has a dentist appointment at the end of May & I'll definitely ask about it.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageviolajack:
    My DS has a lip tie. We had his tongue tie clipped at 3 weeks, but from all my reading, a lip tie isn't nearly as big of
  • I think my DD is lip tied. Since I can nurse without pain and she's 10 months old we're putting off doing anything. This did just come up as a discussion on my local La Leche league Facebook page. A periodontist chimed in that unless it was causing f
  • I had a lip tie.  It was removed at age 10 because it was causing such a huge gap between my teeth.  It was an incredibly bloody and traumatic experience having it removed.  I think this was because my dentist was very old-school and thi

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Both of my kids had lip and tongue ties.  I was able to detect Declan's early on and both were corrected when he was just a few months old.  It was bc of finding his that I went routing around in my daughter's mouth.  She had already bee

• Thank you all for your feedback! I'm so glad to hear DD isn't the only one and I'm VERY grateful to hear there are some adults who have experienced this too! The few people I have asked IRL about it have never heard of it and have gasped like this was

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"