Pre-School and Daycare

Cute lunch check-in

I feel like we've been a peanut butter & honey and strawberry/blueberry rut, so I tried to change it up a little this week. A little! DD's favorites still have to make an appearance. And those were my favorites as a child, so I understand her desire to eat them daily.

Oops! The flag should have read "If you are a WORM, sleep late" - a line from one of DD's favorite poems. The top tier holds ham & cheese sandwiches, pretzel & PB sandwiches, grapes, blackberries and carrots. The bottom tier seals and has fresh mango and a mini fork.

Another homemade pick, with the lines from a sweet song. Mini sealed PBJ sandwiches are separated with silicone "baran." There's also strawberries, blackberries, a Babybel cheese and a few Snapea Crisps.

Elmo! Thank goodness my kindergartener wasn't embarrassed by this! PB/honey sandwich with cheese nose and pick eyes (purchased last year, maybe at Halloween). There's also mini Goldfish, a halved donut hole, blackberries and a Babybel cheese. The side container has chopped strawberries and a fun Cookie Monster-ish pick I found at Marshall's.

Another song that DD recognizes - "All You Need is Love." Sorry for the late-night photography. Olives on a pick, teensy PB/honey sandwiches, ham, blackberries and some strawberry hearts. Hidden in the top half is a chocolate treat.

imageTostadas! Easiest lunch ever, and one of DD's favorite meals. Shredded lettuce, tomatoes, refried beans and shredded cheese are the toppings (plus a packet of chewies to keep the cheese in place). I found the knife/spoon in a kiwi package last summer. On top of the bento box, I put a piece of food paper and topped it with a tostada tortilla, and the lid fits neatly on top without crushing it (I can't believe my luck!). I made this because she has envied her classmates making Lunchables pizzas.

PIP your cute lunches here and have a great weekend.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cute lunch check-in

• Your pictures make my lunches seem so inadequate!  Love the elmo sandwich BTW, it's is absolutely adorable!

For lunch today DD has homeade mushroom pizza, with blueberries and a graham cracker!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • <3 the lunches!
  • Loading the player...
  • Homemade pizza! The best mine can hope for is leftover takeout pizza or maybe an English muffin. Don't feel inadequate!!!!! That is never, ever my intent. 
  • LOVE the pirate and pigs! I've never done a 3 little pigs theme ... hmm ... :) 

• nah82nah82 member
    I always stop in here to check out your cute lunches even though my LO is not in preschool yet.  I ran across these birthday cake silicone cups
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oh my goodness, thank you so much for that link! I saw those in a blog a long time ago and have tried to buy them on Amazon (for MUCH more) but they are never in stock. I was placing an order today at Oriental Trading, so I bought them today. Fantastic!
  • nah82nah82 member
    You're welcome, glad I could help!  What a coincidence that you were buying from OTC today already!  The clearance price is super cheap and I got them the other day when they were offering free shipping on any order.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"