Secondary IF

MFI vent

Here is sit at 13DPO, which is an abnormally long LP for me, with a BFN, no AF, and no symptoms of anything. 

This is after 3 months of our "plan" for DH to take supplements to improve his SA.  We had agreed that we would retest at this point to determine whether the supplements were working or whether we need to go back to the RE for an Rx.

Why, why, why does DH now act surprised that we'll be retesting?  he seems to have forgotten the plan and acts like I'm rushing into things after 2.5 years of TTC #2.  He rejects the RE's notion that be/c of my age and AMH that time is not on my side.

He feels that because it happened once for us before (after 2 years of trying for #1), that it's going to happen again on it's own-- that we're "due" for our chance again. 

His optimism is both a fault and a virtue.  I love him, but he's driving me crazy.  I just want to get the show on the road.  I'm tired of doing this on our own without success.

Thanks for letting me vent.  I feels like we are on such different pages at times.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
Love, luck, and prayers to my BFPB Dr. SnowflakeBride

Re: MFI vent

• I am so sorry. I know exactly what you are talking about. Huge hugs!!! I hope he sees the light soon.

We didn't have MFI, but anytime DH needed to be tested it was a huge hit to his ego. He was more than pleased to have me be "the problem."

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• It is so frustrating to have a plan, and then have DH seem to "forget."  My DH has done that before, too, and it makes me nuts.  I am a type A personality, and he is an extreme type B, and I attribute a lot of it to that. 

Ha

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"