Baby Names

2 letter boy nicknames like tj help

Dh was thinking he wants a name that could be shortened to a 2 letter nickname ifwe have a boy.   Like Tyler James would be tj. 

I can think of aj, tj, rj, but what other ones are there?   I thinki like tj best but don't like Thomas or Tyler  

Re: 2 letter boy nicknames like tj help

• J seems like the most common for a middle name when you're doing NNs like this (C.J., D.J., P.J., J.J.), but another one that pops into my head is J.R.

ETA: J.T., J.D., J.C.

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• J.P.

Jerod Paul
    Jason Paul
    Jeffrey Paul

• Loading the player...
  • TJ and AJ are the most common ones I know of.  And DJ too.

I've also heard of PJ, as pp suggests. I grew up with a boy whose nn was PJ from his first and last names.. the "J" was the first letter of his last name, not his middle. So you coul

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my DH is a TJ (timothy james). Beware...no one ever called him Tim growing up.  In the business world TJ just doesn't cut it. (people paying $200 an hour seem to prefer to work with a guy named Tim). So TJ is TJ at home and with his friends and Ti

• :::shudders at the thought of initial names:::

Loathe.  DS2 is Reid Joseph and DH calls him RJ sometimes just to get under my skin.  It's terrible. (And he's just kidding, he doesn't really call him RJ.)

Anyway, if you're in to th

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• imagemrs.jenni:

:::shudders at the thought of initial names:::

Loathe.  DS2 is Reid Joseph and DH calls him RJ sometimes

• Out of two letter nicknames I prefer JJ or CJ. Middle name probably being James or even John.
  • The only initial name I can stand is J.J. not 100 sure why. I very much dislike TJ, AJ, PJ, etc. I guess I don't mind JD too much.
  • EJ, CJ, CT, BJ (be careful with that one!), OJ (I knew one in high school but again tread carefully), VJ, JR, JT...
  • The more I read the suggestions the less I am on board with this idea. I feel bad crushing his hopes but I guess he has vetoed plenty of my name suggestions! 

• A friend's brother this James Gerald III and they call him JG.  I also have a friend who's son is Jr and they use his initials KP for Kevin Peter. 
  • I'm not generally a fan of these, either, but honestly he could call any kid by first two initials if he wanted. My youngest nephew is Gilbert Keith and they call him (exclusively) GK. It was weird to me at first but we got used to it and now it seems fin

image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"