February 2012 Moms
Options

Please Cross you fingers!!

DH was passed up for a BIGBIGBIG promotion and $15,000/year raise last year shortly after we had DS, and I was in the hospital and DS was in the hospital. They had originally planned on promoting him, but then he missed SOOOO much work because of our family situation, they passed him over. He has since only missed one day in the past year. And that was the day that, like an idiot, I thought my c section scar was opening and had a fit and asked that he stay at the hospital with me. Well, the man who was promoted instead of DH has just announced he is resigning. They hired this man as the manager, and hired another man as assistant manager at the same time. What is assumed to be happening is that they will promote the assistant manager to the management position, and be hiring a new assistant manager from within the company.

So the assistant manager position is a much smaller raise, but it is something. And DH has been at this company for 5 years, and hasn't moved up, is starting to get very discouraged and wants to look for a new job soon if he isn't promoted. This scares me because his current job offers us security, and we make ends meet how it is.

DH went in yesterday to the head person's office just to have a chat and let him know that he is interested in the position, and would do anything required of him to make himself a good fit for the position (training, classes, shift change). Well he was told that his name was already being tossed around to fill the position. They are discussing a few people, but DH is one of them.

We have had a tough couple of years, and just feel like we can't get a break. This would be so big for us. It would be so big for DH. Please please please send out any prayers, thoughts, good vibes you have to spare.

Sorry if this is long and disjointed, I am jsut so nervous about the whole situation. We find out in about two weeks. Gah it kills me not knowing things like this. I'm hoping for the best but also trying to prepare for the worst, because H will be so hurt and disappointed if he is passed up again, after clearly proving to them that the reason he was passed up before is no longer an issue at all.

Re: Please Cross you fingers!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"