High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

I am fighting off the urge to Nest

Mobile: I am fighting off the urge to Nest

It's killing me! I never had the nesting instinct with DS.  I was on sbr with him from 30-36 weeks with him due to high bp and low fluid.  Right now, I'm seriously fighting off the urge to go clean things.  Our house is clean. DH has done a great job keeping things in order and clean (not the way I would clean, but you guys know how that goes!)

When I took a shower, I wiped down the counter, mirror and did a quick toilet cleaning.  Felt a little better.  I also just folded laundry in bed. I want to use the vacuum dang it! 

How are you fighting off the urge to nest? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I am fighting off the urge to Nest

• Options
    It is a strong urge to fight off! Once in a while I wipe down a counter or something. I sit in the glider in the nursery while others do things. It sucks but it's all I should be doing. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Easy. Im stuck in the hospital! Pity party for one please.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageThrow3ks:
    Easy. Im stuck in the hospital! Pity party for one please.

Well, that makes things easier! It was easy to resist the urge while I was in the hospital, too.  Except, when they'd let me go to the bathroom I'd pick up blankets or throw things away that DH had left out...

• Options
    Haha me too! I reorganize all my stuff and what not. I hate feeling so helpless
  • Options

imageThrow3ks:
    Haha me too! I reorganize all my stuff and what not. I hate feeling so helpless

So sorry! How long have you been in the hospital? Do they have a clue how long you'll have to stay?

• Options
    Isn't it awful? I've got 5 more weeks until I'm off bed rest and its KILLING me. We have nothing done for the baby and I want to clean all the things. It's obviously better than a preemie but yeah, it sucks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageKate621:
    Isn't it awful? I've got 5 more weeks until I'm off bed rest and its KILLING me. We have nothing done for the baby and I want to clean all the things. It's obviously better than a preemie but yeah, it sucks.

I have 2 more weeks left. My OB says that at 36 weeks I can be off all restrictions (woot!) We're going to have a ton to do.  My DH has been doing so much with just taking care of the house and DS before and after work.  I'm so ready to be a mom again! and seriously...I'm going to SCRUB some shiz. 

• Options
    Ugh. I know how you feel. We just got back from a three week vacation and I was immediately put on modified bed rest. I want so badly to have just one good day to clean and put things away. I would even love to vacuum and I hate vacuuming. I also have not done a thing for the nursery.

I have been making tons of lists. I have lots of paperwork type things that I can do and phone calls I can make so that helps satisfy my need to do something. Maybe you can do some online baby or Christmas shopping?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"