Postpartum Depression
Options

Zoloft & Breastfeeding

Have just been prescribed Zoloft for PPD. My doctor said it is safe to take while breastfeeding, but i'm reluctant. Anyone else taking it and breastfeeding? Also did it help you feel better?

Re: Zoloft & Breastfeeding

• Options
    I am taking it. I take 50 mg a day. It takes the edge off but it hasn't made my PPA go away completely. Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks for your response. How long did it take for it to kick in? My doctor says it can take months... but i'm hoping it will be sooner. GL to you too. : ) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i took 50 mg of zoloft throughout my first pregnancy and while nursing (And i am currently on it during my 2nd pregnancy as well). i was also very reluctant, but it has made such a huge difference for me, and my daughter has had absolutely no adverse effe
  • Options
    I took it while breastfeeding my DD. it made a world of difference for me. I took 50mg a day. I started to notice a slight difference in my PPD after maybe a week of taking it and by 23 weeks was feeling quite a bit better. My doctor said it can take 2 we
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am on it and am breastfeeding my DS.  It has helped a lot, but it took probably a good 6 weeks (for me) to kick in. T&Ps to you. Hang in there.
    Anniversary DS was born 11/30/12... so in love :)
  • Options

Yes, it is safe.

To be fair, you can't really ask other people if it worked for them. You're going to get a mixed response because psych drugs are so hit-and-miss for people. What works for one person won't work at all for another. 

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options

imagesashmom:
    Thanks for your response. How long did it take for it to kick in? My doctor says it can take months... but i'm hoping

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with PPD when my son was 5 months old and I was put on Zoloft. I continued to breastfeed him until recently we weaned after his first birthday. We had no issues and I wish I would have gotten help sooner and not been so reluctant to try th
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"