Pre-School and Daycare

Booster Seat

My daughter is 35 pounds and still in her covertible carseat. I noticed a friend had her daughter in a booster (same age and close to same size). What are the requirements for a booster?

The Fight  Against Boredomimage
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Booster Seat

•  Legal - most states are 4 and 40lbs.  Some are just age 4.  Being legal and safe are two different things though.  Most 4 year olds are not ready.  We have DS1 in a high back, but if he didn't have sensory issues he would have st
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD is still in a 5 point harness and I plan on her being in it for a while. The rate she is growing her brother might be in a booster before her. I was just surprised to see my friend's DD in a booster and it got me wondering :) Thanks for making me fe

The Fight  Against Boredomimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Varies by state.  Google your state's requirements.   My kids did not hit the 40 pound mark until they were closer to age 5.  I wanted them out of the "baby" seat before kindergarten, but I wasn't in to

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I have noticed a lot of people just feel the booster is like a right of passage after age 3. I am really surprised with how many kids in DD"s preschool/dance/etc are in boosters at barely age 3 and still pretty small. Personally, I am going to a britax fr
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A 3 year old should not ride in a booster. Some 4 year olds can; they must be over 40 lbs and mature enough to sit correctly 100% of the time. My kids end up moving right around their 4th birthdays because that's when the older two did/will outgrow the

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"