March 2012 Moms

Q's from a mar '13 mama

Hey ladies! Looking back to the newborn phase and beyond, are there any things you would have done differently knowing what you know now?

What things do you wish you hadn't spent so much time stressing about? Anything you wish you would have been more concerned about?

Just looking for some tips and words of wisdom from mamas that were here first :]

Re: Q's from a mar '13 mama

• Newbornwise, I'd stop worrying if I was feeding him too much and just give him what he wanted instead of trying to adhere to a serious schedule. I was worried for awhile that I was using the bottle to pacify him but it turned out he was really hungry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Don't stress about what other people's kids are doing. Like...if you see a thread on here about milestones, don't even open it because it will just make you worry and second guess things. Every child gets to things in their own time and your baby is pe

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Also take LOTS of pictures because you likely won't remember this time at all. I literally do not remember the first several months of my daughter's life. It's really weird, but thankfully I have about 10,000 photos of her from when she was super small

• Trust your instinct and don't let the doctor push you around. They may be the doctor but you are the mama.

If your newborn just cries and cries and won't go to sleep, try gas drops. 9 times out of 10 that was the problem.

Don't even try to

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• The first few months I recommend just feed on demand.  I stressed out way to much about having a strict schedule and if DS was eating enough, that eventually it wasn't worth the stress anymore. I fed DS on demand, kept track of his wet diapers and

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • It's OK of they cry for a minute! With DS I stopped whatever I was doing to grab him, now I give DD a minute and she settles down by herself. Who knew!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The most helpful thing for me was when I decided I didn't have to pick her up whenever she made a noise. I did that for 2 months and then decided if she wasn't crying I'd see if she could settle herself. It made a HUGE difference. I got more sleep and

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• Wow thanks for all the great responses! It's so surreal to come to this board and read about all the lo's and realize y'all were just where I am now this time last year!
  • imageegb+jaf:
    Wow thanks for all the great responses! It's so surreal to come to this board and read about all the lo's and realize
  • I wouldn't stress so much about everything. Most things in that first year are a phase. I remember being terrified my kid would never ever STTN or take decent naps and spent a lot of time trying to figure out the "right" thing to do. Also I agree with the
    DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14
  • I would say definitely take lots of pictures. There's a few key newborn pictures that I never did take and kept putting off that I really wish I had now. Like the cute little newborn naked butt picture. Also trust your instincts. You will know your chi

• Let her sleep in your arms sometimes.  She will eventually learn to sleep on her own, but it's not the end of the world if she naps in your arms for a while.  I was so afraid that DD would never ever sleep on her own!  She did learn and

• Most of these are repeats, but:

1. Don't stress about going places in the car with LO. Like eyenigh, I used to get kind of bent out of shape and anxious. No reason to be!! Seriously! Just put on some music and relax :)

• Try to emphasize letting your kid learn to fall asleep without being rocked/swayed.  It's all fun and games until the 4 month wakeful. 

• The others have given lots of good advice!  I'll add to it the following:

Don't be afraid to call the pedi if you're feeling stressed about whatever relating to your LO.  My LO would cry A LOT after feedings (and some other random times

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Totally repeats
    1. Do what is best for you and your family. It doesn't matter what other bumpies think, your mom, or your mil.
    2. Take tons of pictures
    3. Document, document, document. It is amazing how much I already forget. Baby connec
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• One that hasn't been mentioned: don't be afraid to travel when she's really little! It's much easier to cart around a 2 or 3 or 4 month old than a 1 year old. Now he has opinions about what he wants to do with his time, haha!
  • imagerocknrollfriend:
    One that hasn't been mentioned: don't be afraid to travel when she's really little! It's much easier to cart aroun
  • If you are going to breastfeed, it can be very hard at the beginning for some people.  It was hard for me, and I cried a lot out of frustration.  But try not to stress and beat yourself up, because as the baby gets bigger and learns how to ea

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"