Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Pink Eye : (

My DS woke up with pink eye today.  Yay daycare!

Anyone been through this. He is on the eye drops already, but I'm uncertain what I need to try and disinfect / clean.  Our entire house?  I'm getting overwhelmed thinking of that.  I have no idea what he played with yesterday before I was aware he had it.  I have limited his toys today but feel like the house needs to be cleaned from top to bottom.  And I'm assuming wait till after he's been on drops for 24 hours and is back to daycare?  

In the meantime, wash wash wash hands for the rest of us.

Re: Pink Eye : (

• Options

Yep. My toddler has had it 3x now and DD once.  I bleached what I could and wiped everything else down with vinegar.  I just dumped all the hard, washable toys into the bathtub with water and vinegar and let it soak for a bit and swirled it a

image   image

• Options
    My LO hasn't had it but this is great advice. I'll keep it in mind in case it happens to us. Thanks!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    UGH! I feel your pain. Our whole family had pink eye TWICE this winter. Wash all linens & I took away plush toys til it cleared up. I didn't do the vinegar but I like that idea; will save that for next time. Hoping that you don't get it too...NOT FUN!
  • Options
    imageEMO-mamma:

Yep. My toddler has had it 3x now and DD once.  I bleached what I could and wiped everything else down with

• Options
    We didn't wash any toys, etc. Make sure to change your hand towel daily or twice a day!!! Both DH and I got pink eye the first time around even with being super careful and washing our hands all the time and the 2nd time DS had it the dr told us about ch
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagecltk12:
    We didn't wash any toys, etc. Make sure to change your hand towel daily or twice a day!!! Both DH and I got pink eye t
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks again for all thea advice!

Despite the best efforts I wound up getting it in both eyes. we're now supposedly contagious free and I am cleaning entire house again.  Afraid I was actually contaminating as we cleaned the first time.&nbsp

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"