Pre-School and Daycare

What carseat is your 5 yr old in?

So DS1 is going to be 5 in a couple of months (ummmm.....wasn't he just born??) and I'm curious about carseats and what you guys have done.  When he was younger you flipped a carseat around at 1yr, not 2---and so I'm just trying to keep up with when the best time to move to just a booster is---and highback vs backless.  And harness vs using car safety belt. 

We do have a fabulous crash test rated mini van---so I do feel "safe" in it--but I'm super cauteous with my kids.  It just seems when I pick up at daycare that a lot are already in backless boosters at his age and that doesn't seem right--but maybe it is???

Re: What carseat is your 5 yr old in?

• She's in a Britax Frontier day-to-day.  

We have a backless booster and a high-back booster (Graco Turboboosters) as well, for a spare seat for her in DH's car/travel/in case we have ever drive any little friends around.

I get nervous

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • My 5.5 yr old is still in her Diono Radian and will likely be another year or more, based on her exceeding the height limit.  All 3 of mine are in radians.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • He's in the same convertible he's been in since getting out of the "bucket". I don't see a need to move him any time soon. 
  • He still uses the five point harness in the Britax Frontier.  I'm keeping him there until he grows beyond the limits (probably height).  It doesn't phase him.
  • imagecmeon_the_water:
    The "you flipped a carseat around at 1, not 2" is incorrect the recommendation has been to keep kids RFing as long
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • DS1 is in a graco turbo.  We moved him just a little bit ago.  He does have sensory issues and we got to the point that I could not get him safely secured in a 5 pt without him freaking out.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Both my kids, ages 2 & almost 5, are in the Britax Frontier 85 and will be until they grow out of them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD is in the Britax Frontier 85 and probably will stay in that for a while (she hasn't hit 40 lbs. yet).
  • imagelite-bright:

She's in a Britax Frontier day-to-day.  

We have a backless booster and a high-back booster (Graco Tur

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• My DS is in a Diono Radian RXT. He's currently still rear facing but when he outgrows the height or weight limit for rear facing he will face forward in this same seat. This one allows 5 point harness to 80 lbs, so we'll use it as long as he fits. <br
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • akayfakayf member

In both my car and Dh's car, he is in a graco nautilus using the harness.   In MILs car, he rides in an evenflo seat with the seat belt since he is too big for the harness.   He is only in her car for a total of 10 minutes 3 days a week when

• My boys are only 4y3m, but they will most likely still be in their First Years TrueFits at 5. They have about 2 years till they outgrow the harness (as far as I can tell) so they'll probably be in them until they're ready to booster train, around 5.5-6

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Britax Frontier.
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagefredalina:

imagebrettsmama:<
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ds1 is in a high back booster he just turned 5. We moved him at 4.5 because he's really tall and complaining of his seat being uncomfortable. He's 44 pounds and 47 inches tall.
  • DS is in a Britax Frontier 85. He'll be harnessed for awhile yet because he's still only 38 pounds and 42 inches. 
  • My oldest who's five is in a graco nautilus five point and will be in it at least another year until she outgrows the hight of the harness I believe in the nautilus and Argos if you measure them sitting on the ground straight up from the floor to the top
  • My almost 5 yr old rides in a Britax Frontier in my car daily. We are going to purchase a highback booster around his birthday and attempt to booster train this summer so he can use a booster in DH's car for short rides to school or around town wh

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My three are in high back boosters (with seatbelts).
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • imagefredalina:

imagebrettsma
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • alakealake member
    My daughter at five was rear facing in a Diono RXT.  She turned forward facing at five and a half, in February.  I would have kept her rear facing, but I needed her seat for my nephew who I now have custody of.  She is in a prosport in my v
  • My 4 year old is in a backless booster seat.
  • My 4 year olds are still in their Britax Marathons and will be for awhile still.  In DH's car they are in Graco Natilus' still with the 5 point harness.  They won't move to a high back booster until they reach the limits of these seats.  I

• Graco TurboBooster.  He is almost 6. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"