Austin Babies

Family Friendly neighborhoods in Austin

Hi,

My husband might wind up with a job in Austin- relocating us from Dallas. I was just wondering if you have any suggestions for Family-friendly neighborhoods. Great public schools are very important to me and we wouldn't want to be too far away from central Austin (max 30 minutes). We are looking to spend about 300,000ish on a house and would love to be close to parks and playgrounds.

Thanks.

Re: Family Friendly neighborhoods in Austin

• Circle C!!

Sweet Baby #1 - BFP 3/27/13 - EDD 12/7/13 - Blighted Ovum and D&C 4/25/13 @ 7w5d
    Sweet Baby #2 - BFP 8/16/13 - EDD 4/26/14 - Natural MC 8/24/13 @ 5w

Sweet Baby #3 - BFP 9/20/13 - EDD 5/31/14 **stick, little miracle, stick**

BabyFetus Ticker

12/15/13 - Oh my gosh... it's a BOY!! 
  • It's hard to find anything in Circle C under 300K these days.  I have clients that will jump at a house in Circle C and it's gone within hours of being on the market. The market in that neighborhood is going NUTS. 

With that I would recommend North Austin, Round Rock, Pflugerville and Cedar Park.  There are tons of family friendly (and highly desirable) neighborhoods with amenities and great schools in your price range and commuting range.  I'm a broker and I'd be happy to chat with you about it if you want to pm me.  

• Loading the player...
  • Steiner Ranch would be worth checking out. It is a bit expensive, but there could be some good options. Terravista in Round Rock is another good one for the cost. Great amenities there. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage

• We are out in Cedar Park and love it, family friendly and schools are rated almost all exemplary.  Round Rock is near by as well and that area is good too.  Good luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My husband and I just moved to belterra ( in southwest Austin) and it is located in the dripping springs schools district which is really good. It is about 30 min from central Austin with moderate traffic but it is a beautifully manicured neighborhood with community recreation center, lots of playgrounds, a huge pool complex and a ton of hiking trails. It would be on the high side for your price range but if you buy a resale, you can get a good deal. We got a seven year old, 2700 sqft home for under 300k.

Good luck. We had to move from Dallas too ( Plano area) and it had been an interesting but fun transition.

• imageSwetaV:
    We are out in Cedar Park and love it, family friendly and schools are rated almost all exemplary.  Round Rock is near by as well and that area is good too.  Good luck!

I grew up in the Round Rock school district, lived off Anderson Mill Road between 183 and 620.  The school district was/is really great, so my dad commuted from there to Oak Hill (southwest Austin) daily.  Round Rock/Cedar Park are great areas!  My parents still live there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"