Pre-School and Daycare

Daycare question: once a week?

How common is it for a formal daycare to take a child for only one or two days a week at a prorated amount? We're losing a babysitter in the fall and DD will be starting preschool--one full day and one half day per week. So we're looking for care for just DS one day a week. Should I even bother calling the local daycares or should I hope to find a SAHM who wants to take him? I don't like trying to juggle all of this!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Daycare question: once a week?

• My kids go 2 days a week.  Every center has been fine with that.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• In my area, it was difficult for me to find a licensed daycare that was willing to take kids on a part-time basis. However, I did find one.  After DD was there for about a year, I had some complaints about how it was managed (long story) so I pulled
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTeacher Clark:
    Just an FYI, it can be very hard on a LO to only go one day a week. It isn't enough for them to get comfortable
  • imageTeacher Clark:
    Just an FYI, it can be very hard on a LO to only go one day a week. It isn't enough for them to get comfortable ther
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Almost every day care DS has gone to allows 2 days per week. But there was one that only allowed certain days if the child was on a 2 or 3 day schedule.
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ANy chance you could add an extra day of preschool instead?
  • I can't recall if the min of the daycare center my kids went to was 2 or 3 days a week.  It is worth a call. 
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • imageTeacher Clark:
    Just an FYI, it can be very hard on a LO to only go one day a week. It isn't enough for them to get comfortable

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think it depends on the center. I did find one in my area who lets me bring the kids for two days a week. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"