Georgia Babies

Bedtime help

Adelaide has never had a problem going to bed.  Even at her 3 year check up when they ask if she sleeps without a problem, it was easy to say yes.  Well, that was a week ago and ever since then we have had trouble getting her to go to sleep.  We have not changed the nightly routine but now after reading her books and rocking she will scream bloody murder.  She has even woken up in the middle of the night screaming.  When asked what's wrong she'll tell us that there is "a computer under the bed."  We have given her a flashlight, she does a "sweep" nightly, but still will not go to sleep.  She is potty trained during the day, but wears a diaper at night. She knows (has learned) that if she says she needs to go potty that we will take her.  We've cut that one out.  She's got a diaper on for a reason.

PLEASE tell me this is just a phase.  I need my sleep!  Any suggestions on what to do?  Just let her cry it out?

TIA,
Laura 

photos by Jody Lynn Photography

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bedtime help

• I don't know why, but kids seem to regress with sleep around their birthdays.  I would give it a week or so and see if it improves - and yes, I'd let her cry it out if she wakes up in the middle of the night. 

• I would say it is a phase. Graham started getting up more in the middle of the night to see if it was time to get up. We had been letting him stay up a little later than we should have so we decided to get strict with time for bed and things have improved
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I definitely think its a phase.  Seems like one of my kids goes through sleep disturbance every 6 mos or so.  It's torture.  One of the best things to help with the night terrors is that both kids have dimmer switches on their bedroom light

• imagedleigh2020:
    I would say it is a phase. Graham started getting up more in the middle of the night to see if it was time to get

• Definitely a phase.  We moved bedtime earlier because it took so long to get her settled. It worked, but we still have those random "off" nights.  Good luck!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"