Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

8 month old refusing to sleep alone

For the past three nights, my 8 month old will not sleep unless she's in my bed or my arms. Prior to this, every night she would start the night in the pack n play, wake up once, maybe twice. I would nurse her and lay her back down and she would go back to sleep on her own. But these past three nights have been awful. As soon as I set her down, she wakes up crying and won't stop. It's such a sad cry too. I've been letting her sleep in bed with me as a result, but I can't sleep this way anymore. I toss and turn too much and neither of us sleeps well. Any ideas as to why she's like this all of the sudden? Any tips? I haven't been this tired since she was born!

Re: 8 month old refusing to sleep alone

• Options

My daughter did this when she was like 7 months. She has similar sleep patterns as your daughter. She will grow out of it. Mine mostly has. I attributed it to teething or just being at the stage where she's more aware of her surroundings and is attache

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    hmdhmd member
    DS has been doing this too, and we have been sleeping with him also.  It is driving me nuts.  Although last night was a little better.  He just seems to want mama, but I am hoping we get through this soon.  I do try to move him back to
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

this is the age when they start to realize that they can get you to do things by crying.  Personally I think it's time to start letting her realize she's got to go to sleep on her own.  I don't do the full on CIO, but some sort of sweeter app

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD does this too! We co-sleep with her for a week because she wouldn't sleep alone. Agh!
    m/c 2013
  • Options
    imageMrs.RockyM:

this is the age when they start to realize that they can get you to do things by crying.  Personally I think

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't like sleeping alone either. 

Buy the no cry sleep solution book.  Or if you are nursing co sleep. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"