November 2011 Moms
Options

Bedtime issues?

So I guess you could say that my son and I are co-sleepers (not really by choice). Shortly before I had Oliver (Nov. 2011) my place of employment had a company lockout and we ended up living with my parents for almost a year. My mother doesn't believe children should cry, ever, so he became very spoiled and I never got him to sleep in his crib for longer than an hour or so. It became less of a family fight if I just co-slept. We have since moved away and are actually expecting another child any day now. We got him sleeping in his big boy bed for most of the night, however; then he got sick with a cold and won't stay in his bed for longer than an hour again. I am very tired and in lots of pain, I just don't have the energy to get up every hour right now to sit next to his bed for an hour while he fights sleeping. We do not have a very big bed and it seems that I will never again share a bed with just my fianc?. I for sure will never let this next one lay on me while he sleeps, which sounds cold but I can't handle sharing our tiny bed with another little bed hog. I was just wondering if anyone else had these types of issues with their LO's?

Re: Bedtime issues?

• Options
    I'm right there with you. Last night I decided it was time to start sleep training and get DD to sleep in her crib all night long. She woke up at 10 and 3 hrs of screaming and crying later I caved and brought her back down into bed with me. Fail. I feel l
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Have you done any type of sleep training?  DS1 is a very stubborn child and gets into habits very easily.  Right now we are visiting my parents while DH finishes work before we move to Texas.  DS1 is acting out because DH isn't here and is
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    His doctor said if we do the CIO method at this age we should expect him to cry most of the night in his crib, however; he also doesn't have a crib anymore he sleeps in a big boy bed. I know he can sleep in it we got him to sleep in his own bed until like
  • Options
    Do you have a solid bedtime routine? Routine is really comforting and it helps kids when they know what to expect.  DH and I are sleeptraining DD right now using the method outlined in the book The Sleepeasy Solution.  We used the same me

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Options

imageashbeut37:
    His doctor said if we do the CIO method at this age we should expect him to cry most of the night in his crib, howe
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"