Pre-School and Daycare

s/o re getting in trouble at school

DD is a very chatty girl and her teachers have commented on it a few times.  I love that she wants to talk and she volunteers in class all the time, but she is also very busy w/ social chatter w/ a few of her friends.  I know its typical for her age, but I think she's more chatty than normal and I want to emphasize to her that she needs to listen in class when its time to listen and not talk to her friends and that she needs to give other kids a chance to answer questions too.

I don't know that she's so much in "trouble" but she's having trouble following some of the routines in school b/c she's so busy talking to everyone.  What can I say to her at home to help her control herself a little more in social settings.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: s/o re getting in trouble at school

• when you are at home does she listen to you? or does she try to talk over you?

Just practice role playing with i'll talk and then you talk. Tell her you have a game where you tell her 3 instructions and see if she can listen and follow (find the

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have to work on taking turns speaking with DD.  She never, ever, ever stops talking and it has gotten her into trouble at school because she is always interrupting and distracting other kids.  We also sometimes use a "talking stick" which end
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • we're in the same boat.  DD is constnatly getting in trouble at nap/quiet time because she won't sit still and constantly wants to talk to her friends, or she doesn't have time to finish her lunch because she's up talking to everyone in the class

• Time and maturity will help a lot with this issue.  Ultimately, she needs to learn to curb the impulse to chatter, and impulse control is hard.

I found that dinner conversations were a great place to practice this skill.  I have one kid

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • imageneverblushed:

Time and maturity will help a lot with this issue.  Ultimately, she needs to learn to curb the impulse to c

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"