Pre-School and Daycare

4.5 year old who is horrible at listening lately????

Any advice on how to deal?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 4.5 year old who is horrible at listening lately????

• Relax! At that age it's what they do. They are starting to think they rule the world at that age. Just be firm with how you want to discipline them. Make behavior charts at home with rewards for good behavior. Make them want to behave. Children crave p

BLAD reppin'

• My 4.5 year old has SUCH poor listening that I asked for his ears to be tested at school. UGH! I have found that he is at a stage when his mind is racing and he is taking everything in around him. I have to get in his face, make eye contact and be very ve
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I second the "look at me" approach. Get down right on LO's level and make eye contact. I have a 4.5 year old and i laughed when I saw your post--- it's like he's too busy doing stuff to listen and it's making us nuts!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I add a touch to get DD's attention too - I'll just touch her arm or leg w/ a tiny bit of pressure - so its not a caress, but its a deliberate touch.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • One of the books I'm reading says that at this age, they truly can't process 2 things at the same time.  So, if they are looking at their toy or tv and you call their name, they sometimes can't switch over.  It might look like they aren't lis

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If I ask my son to do something he blatanlty ignores me. He will continue to ignore me until I start counting 1-2-3. It is ridiculous!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't really have any advice on how to deal just wanted to say I sympathize.  DD is 4.5 and has been in this stage for a while, drives me crazy!  Time out and little talks are what get me through.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"