Detroit Babies
Options

Places for 1st birthday party?

LO will be 1 at the end of June and we want to have a first birthday party for him.  Nothing crazy, but close family alone on both my and DH's side is 22 people.  If we invite close friends (and their kids) we are looking at more like 40 people.  While I'd love to just have it at our house and have people enjoy the patio and backyard, weather is obviously not reliable and I don't want to risk having to shove 40 people in our house.  So...what places would you recommend checking out to hold 30-40 people?  I'm not looking for Chuck E Cheese type places, as DS obviously isn't old enough to enjoy that (and I HATE CEC, lol)...just a place big enough to hold that many people that's not super expensive.  Where do people have first birthday parties?

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
DX: High FSH/DOR
It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Places for 1st birthday party?

• Options

We had DD's at home (30 people, only 2 other kids). BUT, as you know, our basement is finished but has no furniture, so we just put some folding tables and chairs down there and it worked out fine.

For a suggestion - we had DD's baptism luncheo

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Options
    In what area...?

We used Shields Restaurant for both my kids first birthday. It was reasonably priced and they always do a great job.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are in Macomb. There is a Shields right by us...I should check there too. Thanks ladies!
    Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You could always do jungle java. Or I prefer boogie babies in Rochester super baby friendly and low key:
  • Options
    Whoops! Never mind just saw you are NOT looking for chuckey cheese places lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"