2nd Trimester
Options

Alarmed by bump size at 14 weeks - Normal?

I will be 14 weeks on Friday and I seriously look like I smuggled a cantaloupe from the grocery store ... my bump is VERY defined. This is my first pregnancy so i'm a little taken aback by the size of my bump so early on. I was 117lbs the day I found out I was KU (I'm 5ft 1inch with a really short torso, like 1 inch between my hip bones and my rib cage) - I was working out 5 days/week. I am now weighing in at 127. I definitely didn't work out much in the first tri due to m/s and I modified my once strictly vegan diet to accomodate food cravings and adversions. My doctor didn't say anything about my weight gain at my 12 wk apt but she did say alot of my bump was bloat & gas. Now 2 weeks later my bump is exactly the same size, if not more defined. I highly doubt it's bloat & gas because the bump is hard and I have very regular habits in the bathroom. 

Yesterday at work someone asked how far along I am and they were shocked when I told them... it's kind of bumming me out to feel like it's "too" big. My hubby and my best friend are convincing me that I haven't gained weight anywhere else and they believe that because i'm so short there's no where else for anything to go but out... 

Has anyone else popped out in such a way that you're finding it alarming? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Alarmed by bump size at 14 weeks - Normal?

• Options

"(I'm 5ft 1inch with a really short torso, like 1 inch between my hip bones and my rib cage)"

That's why. You are short with a short torso. The only place for your bump to go is out. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm 15 weeks and also have a pretty decent sized bump. I too stopped working out jogging because I was worried about my heart rate getting too high too early on. All of my clothes for everyone except for around my belly so I'm fine with my bump, it's exci
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't feel bad. I was already starting to show at 13weeks and this is my first pregnancy too. Some of it was bloat for me but definitely not all of it. At this point I have a very defined bump, I love it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    imagemagdalina.h:

"(I'm 5ft 1inch with a really short torso, like 1 inch between my hip bones and my rib cage)"

That's why. Y

• Options
    Yes, I will be 18 weeks on Friday, I am also a FTM.  I was about 114 lbs when I went for my first check up, and probably about 112 prior to getting pregnant.  I have gained 15lbs so far! I never had morning sickness, so I never had a problem eat
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Im showing like that too. I think Im an average sized girl 5'5", and I've had some close friends and coworkers comment how I look "really pregnant".

and its all bump. It looks like I have a cantaloupe under there too! Just how some of us are gonn

• Options
    imagelolob45:

(I'm 5ft 1

TTC Since March 2010 - 2 angel babies - BFP December 12 EDD 12 Aug 13 Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm only 14 wks 2 days and I'm clearly showing and people are also surprised that I'm only 14 wks and I'm 5'5 and average.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm jealous!! I'm just over 16 weeks and so far I just look like I've gotten kinda pudgy! I would much rather have an obvious bump.
  • Options
    I'm 4"9 also not much space between my ribs and hips. the only place for baby to go is out :)  thats just how it is with us short ones. i'm 14.5 weeks and have been showing for a while now (though this is my second).
  • Options

Some people grow at different rates. I'm 15 weeks and only seem to "show" after eating. It's a bit jarring actually. I don't know what's going on. I start the day with a pretty flat stomach... weirdly flat... and then one serving of food pops it out qu

• Options
    It's different for everyone. I'm 19 weeks and not showing at all, however, i'm almost half a foot taller than you and i lost a ton of weight at first due to morning sickness. you're really short, so there might not be any other place for the baby to go ex
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Options
    Im 5'0  and have about the same space between my hips and ribcage. There is nowhere for you to go but out. my last pregnancy I was big and people kept asking me if the drs had missed a baby because I was to big to be only having one! I had only gaine
    Married my very own GI Joe May 2002

BFP May 2002  NMC June 2002
    BFP September 2002 ID twins born April 2003 @ 35 weeks
    BFP September 2007 DD born May 2008
    BFP August 2012 MC October 2012
    BFP January 2012 DD October 2013

I MISS MY TICKER :(

• Options
    imagelolob45:

I will be

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's possible that it's bloat related and you may see a decrease in the coming weeks. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had a bump really early on too, In fact for the last month I have been getting "are you sure there isn't more than one in there".  lol yes I'm sure, thanks for noticing i'm fricken ginormous.  I guess its good I look pregnant now instead
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

I am 13 weeks and have a definite bump, and have since about week 11, it doesn't ever change and get smaller, and I don't feel bloated at all, but then again I think we tend to get used to that feeling! either way, I am growing, and I love it! lol. </p

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm the same way! I'm 5"5 small/medium frame and I've been showing since 11ish weeks! FTM! Everyone keeps saying I MUST have twins to have gotten a bump so fast! But doc says there's only one in there! I actually found it exciting that I didn't have
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"