International Bumpies

Dealing with time change

We're moving in June and the time change will be exactly 12 hours. DD will be 5.5 months old when we get to Manila and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips because we're literally flipping our day & night!

Re: Dealing with time change

• I just let dd sleep when she needed to at that age, got sunlight during the day, and after a week or so we were back to normal hours :
  • If it's a real move and not just a vacation, I wouldn't worry about it. Short trips (2 weeks or so) are harder because you want them to adjust soon so you can enjoy the trip. Just give yourself 1-2 weeks of craziness and sleep when she sleeps. Go out for

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • Hi. I live in Dubai and fly back to the us once or twice a year with my two kids. The time difference is 8-9 hours for us so really about the same. It has been different every time and was much easier with one kid. Whe my son was your lo's age it was fair
  • We have been to Europe 4 times with DD (8 hour difference) and Hawaii one (3 hour difference) and to the East coast many times (2 hour diff). We really haven't had much problem at all, especially going East. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've always just gone with their schedule. It gets a bit messed up because of the flight anyway.

I was looking at your blog - what's bringing you to Manila? I also went to UCF (but ended up graduating from Rollins in

• My husband's job, he's an FSO so we'll be moving a lot. I loved that area around Rollins, we went to the Enzian all the time.
  • My LO did great with the recent time change going to Thailand (5 hour difference). We just followed our same bedtime routine at the same local time and she slept through the night from night one! Let's hope reacclamating to home will be just as easy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"